Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Gray Maynard Stand Any Chance What So Ever Of Beating Penn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Gray Maynard Stand Any Chance What So Ever Of Beating Penn?

He really just struggled with Nate Diaz, and was really busted up from the stand up exchanges and took a razor thin SD. Nate is nothing more than a average contender.

Can you imagine what BJ does to Gray on the feet? And he could tap him easy on the ground.

How will/would UFC actually promote Maynard as a serous threat to BJ?

The scary thing is that Gray is the best the 155 ufc division has got to offer, which is not a good sign.

Nate whooped Maynard's ass. 30-27 is a ****ing joke. I was suprised it wasn't Cecil Peoples. Maynard has no chance at any top 155er...

Comment

On a related note. It's got to be hard for Joe Rogan to call a fight with Gray's nuts hanging from his chin. I can't wait to see the striking stats for this fight...

Comment

I agree, despite landing some hard shots Maynard wasn't overly impressive in the fight by any means.

Comment

Joe Stevenson beat Nate much more impressivley to!

Comment

Maybe BJ should fight Gray and Frankie Edgar at the same time! It would almost be fair then...

Comment

Gray's last 6 fights have all be won by decision and his last two wins have been SD victories.

He beat Huerta by SD, who Ken Flo dominated, the same kenny that was destroyed by BJ.

And struggled with Nate Diaz, who Joe Stevenson beat comfortabley, the same Joe Stevenson who BJ destroyed!

Comment

Bull**** decision, Diaz beat him those last two rounds with his reach, Maynard was using the one punch and move, while Diaz threw combos y mixed his striking all night.

Diaz is not known for his striking, nor is his brother but they are very good using the reach and those pestering shots. **** this man another fight robbed, Diaz clearly won those final two rounds....

Comment

Maynard stands NO chance against Penn.

I like Maynard - I think he's a cool dude, but it's ridiculous how far off being a competitive fight for BJ he is.

He pretty much refused to use his wrestling against Diaz for fear of getting submitted, so he'll obviously try to keep it standing with BJ.

He isn't going to land that big loopy right hand he banks on, and even he did I doubt it'd be enough to even phase BJ.

It would be a ****ing long night for Gray.

Joe Silva has to know this, so I think he'll put Maynard in against Florian or Sanchez next. Either dude should kick his ass.

It really is crazy how far ahead of everyone else BJ is.

Comment

nate shoulda won that fight. and yea if gray can barely take nates hits image what bj would do to him. . demolish him first round

Comment

Working...
                    X