No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Especially if the other team scores 4 ffs. I know one was a pen but ones of Croatia’s goals was a dude tackling the ball into the net.

The World Cup was full of salty teams.

Another reason why England emerge with credit.

No one likes excuses man.
    Yeah and lets be honest if you want to play that "should have scored" game... Pogba had a couple of sitters he fluffed

Columbia/Croatia/Maradona in particular deserve the finger of shame for saltiness this World Cup

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Safe to say England will be strong favourites for the 2022 World Cup??

By then we'll have my boy Rhian Brewster(think Mbappes good, wait till you see this kid), Phil Foden(midfield magician), Jadon Sancho, Lofty bum cheeks in his prime, Bobby Duncan(Gerrards cousin), Trent Alexander Arnold will be Liverpool captain by then, Lio Gerrard(will be 5 years old but IF YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH YOU'RE OLD ENOUGH), Kyle Walker Peters, Curtis Jones etc.

Some serious talent coming through.
    I want to see England players given more chance or go on loan.. especially at the bigger clubs

Your really gonna tell me Loftus Cheeks is worse then some of the rotters Chelsea had playing last year?

Guys like Rashford need more play time

The younger guys coming through have already shown a lot of promise tho

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      I cant believe people are saying the PK was the wrong decision.

Its true that none of us saw it at first but with the replays you cant possibly not call it...

Most media seem to say it was the wrong call though. What am i missing?
      It wasn't deliberate, it happened in a nano second and didn't prevent a goal or goal scoring chance imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        It wasn't deliberate, it happened in a nano second and didn't prevent a goal or goal scoring chance imo.
        Someone showed me the actual rule the other day. There is nothing about ‘unnatural position’ in the rules so it’s weird that it gets peddled.

The rule is the same - deliberate.

There was only one deliberate handball in the whole World Cup when Roy’s boy Carlos the Bum Sanchez tried to tip one over the fu.cking bar.

Made a massive difference too. Iran got the worst penalty ever against Portugal. Portugal would have gotten Russia had it not been awarded. Ronaldo would have bummed Russian’s defence. They would have beaten us in the quarters and Croatia in the semis and might have done France again a final.

Fine margins in knockout footy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Your really gonna tell me Loftus Cheeks is worse then some of the rotters Chelsea had playing last year?

Guys like Rashford need more play time
          Where would RLC play at Chelsea he can't be a holding mid and he is not good enough to play attacking mid at best he would be a squad player

He is better than Barkley but Barkley can't get a minute at Chelsea

Most of these English players are not good enough to consistently play at big clubs and they think they're too good to sit on the bench

Rashford though he has potential I can see him having some success abroad but he won't leave his comfort zone like most English players

Comment

• It was great having a game everyday coming home to watch a match mid day

Now nothing for a month

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Where would RLC play at Chelsea he can't be a holding mid and he is not good enough to play attacking mid at best he would be a squad player

He is better than Barkley but Barkley can't get a minute at Chelsea

Most of these English players are not good enough to consistently play at big clubs and they think they're too good to sit on the bench

Rashford though he has potential I can see him having some success abroad but he won't leave his comfort zone like most English players
              Loftus Cheek is appalling without the ball.

I don’t know if Sarri can teach him that or not but postionally heis horrific. And I really, really want that kid to succeed. It’s not just that he can’t tackle because good players don’t need to tackle but he can’t put himself in spaces to block attacks.

He is, however, a novice. 55 games vs Delle Alli’s 200 plus. So we’ll see.

Henderson in 2015 was an actual bum. He is decent enough now.

I think now people expect players to peak when they’re 22.

I’d argue Hazard probably hasn’t even peaked and he’s turning 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Loftus Cheek is appalling without the ball.

I don’t know if Sarri can teach him that or not but postionally heis horrific. And I really, really want that kid to succeed. It’s not just that he can’t tackle because good players don’t need to tackle but he can’t put himself in spaces to block attacks.

He is, however, a novice. 55 games vs Delle Alli’s 200 plus. So we’ll see.

Henderson in 2015 was an actual bum. He is decent enough now.

I think now people expect players to peak when they’re 22.

I’d argue Hazard probably hasn’t even peaked and he’s turning 28
                It's just the way the games going now. Players are rushed to perform, probably due to the amount of eyes on them and money they are given. They are under far more scrutiny.

Hazard is playing great football and should be in his absolute prime right now.

If you look at the English players, they are very young. Should be hitting their prime in theory between Euro 2020/World Cup 2022.

Rashford will be better at 23/24 than what he is at 19. He will be better off the ball, make better/more incisive runs and all in all will understand more aspects of the game in a way that only comes with experience and game time.

Comment

• Sad the world cup is over. It's the one sporting event I get super enthusiastic ans obsessive about.

Congratulations on an African team winning the whole thing!

��

Overall there were several errors and bad parts of this world cup but I consider it one of the best with heart warming moments like Backpack Yoda Messi against Nigeria and some incredible upsets like Mexico/SK over Germany and Belgium over Brazil.

My personal match of the tournament was Belgium vs Japan. Outstanding drama filled play throughout and not a single blatant dive which marred this world cup.

Russia did a much better job as hosts than most expected.

Onto the next one!

Comment

• As much as the World
                    Cup is good of you weren’t a big football fan but enjoyed it tune into club football. In reality there are about 10
                    European clubs that essentially build their own little world all-star teams

Comment

• As much as the World
                      Cup is good of you weren’t a big football fan but enjoyed it tune into club football. In reality there are about 10
                      European clubs that essentially build their own little world all-star teams

Comment

Working...
                      X