Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why so much hostility towards Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't mean to say in my original post that ALL the criticism Hearn gets is from working-class white men, just that's where the majority of truly-felt criticism is. A lot of the boos he gets are of the pantomime villain variety - if there were that many people who genuinely hated him out there I doubt EH would have the stones to go into the ring IMO

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      I'll quite happily watch any US boxing available to me through TV or otherwise. I have an abundance of US fighters in my pfp and am on record in saying whilst I think and want AJ to beat wilder.. it is absolutely the case that wilder knocks him spark out.

I'm not the one stating in a boxing fan but only for boxing shown on my own country even though the other seems to be leading the way in crowd and fan interaction and overall event excitement.

If you think for a single second I'm going to believe a US event Is promoted as well to a buying demographic than what a matchroom show is in the UK then stick to your loopy juice.

If you had been to a UK show you'd probably have seen that.. but you won't

Because you don't like UK boxing.

Your name is boxingisgreat..but apparently only in a country you indentify with. Good one.

Carry on
      Who are all these great UK boxers under Hearn that I should pay close attention to? Right now, I like two: Katie Taylor and Saunders (with Warren).

My question was: What has Hearn done for boxing in general? Boxing isn't only about the US and UK. I've no reason to either like or hate Hearn. I just see him as another slimy, greedy boxing promoter.

As far as Joshua vs Wilder, I see them as big, strong but barely skilled guys, with Joshua having a tiny bit more skill. If they fought, I'd go with Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Who are all these great UK boxers under Hearn that I should pay close attention to? Right now, I like two: Katie Taylor and Saunders (with Warren).

My question was: What has Hearn done for boxing in general? Boxing isn't only about the US and UK. I've no reason to either like or hate Hearn. I just see him as another slimy, greedy boxing promoter.

As far as Joshua vs Wilder, I see them as big, strong but barely skilled guys, with Joshua having a tiny bit more skill. If they fought, I'd go with Joshua.
        He makes his fighters available for the WBSS. Arum, GBP, PBC, Main Events dont. Hes made more fights with those 4 promoters, than they have done together combined.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT
          The demographic are the ones that hate hearn! They see he is a threat to uncle al gaymon. Plus he's white so that also plays into it.
          TBear

BostonGuy

-MEGA-

Comment

Josh Kelly... Lewis ritson..dillian Whyte..Ryan Burnett ted cheese man. These are a mix of quality prodigies and current top 3 fighters or title holders .. that have performed extremely well and are being promoted correctly . You aren't interested in them? Ok so you're either only interested in what you view as p4p in which case you aren't a pugilist youre a glory hunter .. or you're my original point which is you only focus on Americans.

If I go through your comment history am I only going to see commendations for Americans irrespective of level ? Or those who solely box in the states? I think yes.

Boxing isn't just about the UK and US? Name me a fighter that isn't from either that fights in his home country that either I or you.. or anyone gives a flying **** for. You don't get it both ways. I might be enjoying a Sunday afternoon in the beer garden but I can see through bollocks well enough.

I'll give credit where credit is due.. all promoters are slimy..and I agree with you wholeheartedly on AJ wilder.
            If deontays wins il be one of the first to give him props

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              because he's hiding anthony joshua behind dillian whyte and the atlantic ocean
              /thread....

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                Josh Kelly... Lewis ritson..dillian Whyte..Ryan Burnett ted cheese man. These are a mix of quality prodigies and current top 3 fighters or title holders .. that have performed extremely well and are being promoted correctly . You aren't interested in them? Ok so (1) you're either only interested in what you view as p4p in which case you aren't a pugilist youre a glory hunter .. or you're my original point which is you only focus on Americans.

(2) If I go through your comment history am I only going to see commendations for Americans irrespective of level ? Or those who solely box in the states? I think yes.

Boxing isn't just about the UK and US? (3) Name me a fighter that isn't from either that fights in his home country that either I or you.. or anyone gives a flying **** for. You don't get it both ways. I might be enjoying a Sunday afternoon in the beer garden but I can see through bollocks well enough.

I'll give credit where credit is due.. all promoters are slimy..and I agree with you wholeheartedly on AJ wilder.
                If deontays wins il be one of the first to give him props
                Good post.

Bold 1: I watch any kind of boxing. I comment in the live fight threads here almost every weekend. If I were a "glory hunter" (an interesting phrase by the way, lol), I'd be on the bandwagons of popular fighters (Joshua, Spence, Lomachenko, the Charlos, Canelo, etc.), but I don't care for none of that.

Bold 2: I don't give a fuck about nationality or race. Those are for ******s. I love boxing. I'm interested in skills before brawls. I mostly appreciate slick boxing first, sometimes a mix of both. I rarely disrespect fighters or call them names. I don't fanboy for any fighter, including the guy in my avi.

Bold 3: Naoya Inoue, Adonis Stevenson, David Lemieux, Rungvisai, etc. (Canelo can fight in his country or anywhere and we'd still care.)

I guess in my original post where I said I didn't care for UK boxing could've been phrased as I didn't care for the promotional part. Oh, before I leave, I think all sanctioning bodies are crooked and big name fighters should avoid them!

Comment

From what I've seen in the internet, the Americans, atleast the one who hang around these places tend to be very sensitive. Then again, their entire political system is made of insane people on both the left and right so perhaps it is a fair representation.

Comment

Good post.

Bold 1: I watch any kind of boxing. I comment in the live fight threads here almost every weekend. If I were a "glory hunter" (an interesting phrase by the way, lol), I'd be on the bandwagons of popular fighters (Joshua, Spence, Lomachenko, the Charlos, Canelo, etc.), but I don't care for none of that.

Bold 2: I don't give a fuck about nationality or race. Those are for ******s. I love boxing. I'm interested in skills before brawls. I mostly appreciate slick boxing first, sometimes a mix of both. I rarely disrespect fighters or call them names. I don't fanboy for any fighter, including the guy in my avi.

Bold 3: Naoya Inoue, Adonis Stevenson, David Lemieux, Rungvisai, etc. (Canelo can fight in his country or anywhere and we'd still care.)

I guess in my original post where I said I didn't care for UK boxing could've been phrased as I didn't care for the promotional part. Oh, before I leave, I think all sanctioning bodies are crooked and big name fighters should avoid them!

You know what.. it could well be that ive been drinking for a good 6 hours since i last posted to you thats making me say this but im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that what you have said is well constructed, precise and on the whole ... correct.

i like to have a discussion, i dont like arguing and i certainly dont like baiting, so i have green k'd you for your reply and i look forward to many discussions in the future.

You seem like a very level headed and rational poster, and its those qualities that got me into posting on here in the first place, however scarce they may be!

Comment

Americans don't care about nationality you think Canelo or GGG or Lomachenko can be big names in any other country?
                      Eddie Hearn gets booed in London and America because he does have a douchebag aura about him

Comment

Working...
                      X