Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: I'll Destroy Sadam Ali, Face Lara-Hurd Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    If I managed Sadam Ali I'm cherry picking the first two title defenses no doubt lol I'd make the first defense against Liam Smith and the second defense against Kell Brook and who knows maybe Cotto may want revenge and Ali gets a second big payday!! And if Charlo asks for a fight I'd use the he's not a big draw excuse to buy more time lol
    Liam Smith would school Ali. I would love to bet money on that fight if that comes off. That's actually not a bad match-making fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
      If I managed Sadam Ali I'm cherry picking the first two title defenses no doubt lol I'd make the first defense against Liam Smith and the second defense against Kell Brook and who knows maybe Cotto may want revenge and Ali gets a second big payday!! And if Charlo asks for a fight I'd use the he's not a big draw excuse to buy more time lol
      THIS!

I hope they read this, cos this is exactly what i would do if i was managing him!

Anything else and he becomes a former belt holder with nothing to show for it in his bank account!

Not to say he is not good. He is just not big enough to make any impact in this weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
        Why is he looking at the weakest link?
        Charlo wants the weakest link.
        He's PBC fighter doe.
        Pathetic Boxing Champions.
        Part-time Boxing Champions.
        Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
          To too many roadblocks happening for the Ali fight to come about, but I see Hurd beating Lara, it won't be a domination but I find him winning handily...
          Man you always go against Lara. It doesn't matter who he face. How many times are you going to be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            It's a cool idea, a unification fight, but we all know it won't happen, and we all know why, so let's move on! I know Jermell probably won't do it, but if you want to show your superior skills, fight Nathaniel Gallimore! Maciej Sulecki has been ordered to fight Vanes Martirosyan in an eliminator. Hurd is calling out Lara, and I hope that happens! Sadam should be fighting Liam Williams, and I hope that happens! So that leaves J-Rock and Gallimore without dance partners, although Gallimore has called out J-Rock! Why not pick Gallimore or J-Rock as the voluntary? Lastly, if you really want to make a BOSS move, call out Danny Jacobs @ 160! Jermell and the WBC, can let Jermell fight Jacobs @ 160, and retain his title @ 154, just like they let Mikey fight @ 140, and retain his title!
            Even Charlo knows it won't happen.
            Exactly why he's mentioning Ali.
            He says he's going to fight the Hurd/Lara winner.
            Which doesn't even have a date yet.
            That'll be 11 months minimum give or take.
            Which means Charlo is taking a long layoff.
            Typical PBC fighter.

Comment

Golden boy promotions and Ali will make the fight,but Charlo and AL Haymon won't, so rot in the pbc

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                Sadam like the jeff horn of 154 it’s only a matter of time..
                They may both duck and face each other. Makes sense for both. I think Brook might also be an option.

Comment

Sadam Ali gotta drop that WBO title if he don't want to unify the titles

Comment

I gotta call Bull$#it on this. Why does Lara vs Hurd seem to be a foregone conclusion. That's stupid on Charlos part to even concede this notion. He should be calling out both of these fighters right now. Otherwise, he is forfeiting the lions share of the purse split to one of them when the time comes to face the "foregone conclusion" victor. Why the **** would you do that?? Fight Lara, beat the veteran champion, and demand more at the negotiating table as well as adding a top ranked name to your resume. Otherwise you'll risk either letting Hurd receive that accolade and lose ground when purse splits are discussed, or that'll give Lara that much more pull at the negotiating table should he defeat Hurd. OR,.........
                    Fight Hurd, defeat Hurd, take his belt and go to the negotiating table for a Lara fight with more leverage and get a better split of the purse. Otherwise if Lara defeats Hurd you'll be the definative B side and get the 'lioness' share of the purse. Doesn't take a degree in economics to figure that out. As far as promotors and promotional companies go, they really don't give a $#it about any fighter as long as that fighter makes them money so promotional loyalty shouldn't even be considered an issue. Unless contractually bound of course.
                    Sorry Charlie (Charlo), but a fight with Ali isn't even a consideration and the mere thought of it is pure static grey noise at this time. If Charlo wants to make a name for himself, he needs to shake things up and demand meaningful fights with opponents boxing followers and fans want to see,....Like Lara, Hurd, an maybe a few other top ranked contenders. But don't be dumb and let another fighter "steal your glory" and miss out at the prize of prize-fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      Charlo wants the weakest link.
                      He's PBC fighter doe.
                      Pathetic Boxing Champions.
                      Part-time Boxing Champions.
                      Take your pick.
                      He wants to unify the belts. That's a worthwhile goal.

You're just biased against him because he's with PBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X