Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

with all the love cotto is getting from fighters and scribes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Good fight but lost clearly. Mosley is a good win but was the Mosley win really better than Marquez's Barrera win?

When you consider that Barrera is a better fighter than Mosley and carried into the ring better form and was a reigning champion? Barrera won the title with a great win over Morales who was good enough to beat Pacquaio and then scored excellent wins over Peden in a unification bout, future champ Fana and a pair of wins (one close one lopsided) over Juarez and was ranked very high pound for pound. Mosley didn't bring great form like that to the ring.
    Chris,
    That's your opinion against mine, much respect. But Barrera isn't a better fighter in than Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post

Chris,
      That's your opinion against mine, much respect. But Barrera isn't a better fighter in than Mosley.
      I like Mosley but Barrera surely is a more accomplished and flat out better fighter. Look at Mosley post Vernon Forrest and look at Barrera after Jones or Pacquaio. Mosley's resume or qualities as a fighter fall short of Barrera's though his prime was devestating (98-2002).

Also my point was for certain that the Barrera who Marquez encountered was at a much better level than the Mosley Cotto encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I like Mosley but Barrera surely is a more accomplished and flat out better fighter. Look at Mosley post Vernon Forrest and look at Barrera after Jones or Pacquaio. Mosley's resume or qualities as a fighter fall short of Barrera's though his prime was devestating (98-2002).

Also my point was for certain that the Barrera who Marquez encountered was at a much better level than the Mosley Cotto encountered.
        Please don't **** on Mosley because he moved up & dared to be great, people should really take that into account.
        Nice chatting with you but im out!

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
          Please don't **** on Mosley because he moved up & dared to be great, people should really take that into account.
          Nice chatting with you but im out!
          How am I ****ting on him? Barrera moved up and dared to be great too. Probably why he won more titles, defeated more champions and beat more hall of famers than Mosley.

Comment

Naw. I respect Juanma more as a fighter.

Comment

Working...
            X