No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Mayweather-Pacquiao Rematch More Likely Than Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    Rematch don't need to happen because the first one wasn't even close and it was boring. Add on all the excuses and shannanigins and you got a hot, stinking ball of mess in a rematch. Damn shame how greedy the sport of boxing has become. Ever since Floyd made all that money fighting Oscar, everyone lost their damn minds.
    Why was it boring?

Comment

Agreed. Too much money involved for it not to. I just don't get this sport though. People will shell out hundreds of millions of dollars to watch these washed up rich guys with no hunger dance around for 12 rounds but are reluctant to shell out money for fights between young, prime hungry champions like Crawford vs. Postol, Lomachenko vs. Walters, Ward vs. Kovalev, etc.

Comment

They'd be lucky to see PPV buys break 2M. I'd expect Mayweather-Mosley, Mayweather-Cotto numbers, 1.4-1.5M.

If the guaranteed purses are over $100M again, the people making the guarantees are going to lose a lot of money.

No one cares about Mayweather-Pacquiao anymore. Just us nerds that accumulate thousands of posts on boxing message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Agreed. Too much money involved for it not to. I just don't get this sport though. People will shell out hundreds of millions of dollars to watch these washed up rich guys with no hunger dance around for 12 rounds but are reluctant to shell out money for fights between young, prime hungry champions like Crawford vs. Postol, Lomachenko vs. Walters, Ward vs. Kovalev, etc.
          No, you are mistaken. It's only Floyd who dances around in the ring. The other guy wants to fight while the other wants to enter a marathon event.

So if this ever happens again, I guess the other guy who loves to run before owes it to his fans to get their money's worth this time around. Since last time was clearly a high way robbery and obviously that guy didn't deserve his 200 million dollars he got from all that running and hugging.

If someone needs to redeem himself and give the fans their moneys worth. It's Floyd, and if he can't fight like a real warrior. Never mind he should stay retired.
          Last edited by Spoon23; 04-13-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I would prefer it if Floyd fought GGG and Manny fought Thurman or Brook.

I would be interested if they entered into a 4 man tourney with Thurman and Brook. If Floyd beat Thurman and Manny beat Brook, then maybe a rematch wouldn't be bad.
            The only the other fight that should make Floyd even consider a comeback, other than GGG for the MW title, is to fight Canelo for the MW title. Beating Manny twice will do nothing for his legacy because the fight with Manny was 5 years too late in the first place. Now if Floyd were to win a MW title at age 39, he would surpass (in my opinion) Duran, Hearns, and SRL on the ATG list! That's would be worth coming out of retirement!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              No, you are mistaken. It's only Floyd who dances around in the ring. The other guy wants to fight while the other wants to enter a marathon event.

So if this ever happens again, I guess the other guy who loves to run before owes it to his fans to get their money's worth this time around. Since last time was high way robbery and clearly that guy didn't deserve his 200 million dollars from all that running and hugging.
              Dancing with the stars!!! Hugging like Huggies.... Bayless was ..... A turd.

Can someone just knock Floyd on his azz legit??? I would like to see Floyd KTFO6 by anyone, but seeing him Bradley-Ed would be good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post

So if this ever happens again, I guess the other guy who loves to run before owes, it to his fans to get their money's worth this time around. Since last time was clearly a high way robbery and obviously that guy didn't deserve his 200 million dollars he got from all that running and hugging.
                Spoon23!!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Spoon23!!
                  Hope I've enlightened you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    They'd be lucky to see PPV buys break 2M. I'd expect Mayweather-Mosley, Mayweather-Cotto numbers, 1.4-1.5M.

If the guaranteed purses are over $100M again, the people making the guarantees are going to lose a lot of money.

No one cares about Mayweather-Pacquiao anymore. Just us nerds that accumulate thousands of posts on boxing message boards.
                    Floyd watched Bradley-manny III.

What I think happens. He has a fight in September.

Negotiations for Floyd-manny rematch fall apart.

Floyd outright retires again or has another fight then retires.

Comment

This rematch would be more pointless than the pacquiao-bradley rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X