Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Golovkin: Beat Andre Ward, Then I'll Fight You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    Golovkin said he would fight Chavez Jr or Froch at 168 but not Ward? Sounds like he wants none. His team is protecting him until they can secure a big pay day. Ward is too much for Golovkin and they know it.
    Except if you were around which I for 1000% am sure you were around they offered the fight at his full 168 weight and Andre said no. Why would you tell HBO to try and make a fight if you are scare of the man? This is what kills me about the golovkin situation, people really seem to have short term memory issues when it comes to this guy. Ward, Froch both said no, and Chavez ate his way out of the division. I'm not sure what seems to be the issue here though, I have never seen a more obvious case of people thinking "great white hype" from someone with this guys amateur background, you'd think he just started boxing last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
      friend?...why do I get the feeling that so many of you are getting mad and pounding on your keyboard when you call me kid and friend? lol

I agree, but what leverage did ward have over GGG at that time?
      Ward had no leverage and he doesn't now so he got slapped with an offer for 164 since he was too big in his mind to accept it at 168. People aren't going to sit around waiting on another boxer especially with the kind of mandatory situation these guys have now. Ward has the promise of Kovalev, until then he had nothing on the radar. Also there is no reason to assume anyone is pounding keyboards, its a sport and we are spectators of it and nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        And you're even dumber. A poster on nsb projects his own thoughts/wishes on Floyd and you run with it as if Floyd said it himself, that's just pure idiocy.

Floyd never said nothing bout 150 or 154 for that matter. Everytime I heard Floyd talk about GGG he either doesn't mention weight class or talks about 160.

I would dare you to find a link to an article where Floyd talks about 154, 150, or 147, if I thought you had a chance of finding one. However, I know you won't because Floyd has never even insinuated any of those weight class. He only talks about fighting GGG at 160.

However, given that he once defended Canelo's 155 stance, I get the feeling he did that to justify dragging GGG down to 155 should GGG fight Canelo at that weight and win. However, that's just mere speculation, the FACT however is that he only talks about fighting GGG at 160 or doesn't mention weight at all.
        You would have to have the IQ of a dead Frog if you think Floyd who made Canelo drop BELOW Junior Middleweight would let GGG fight at Middleweight!! It takes a special kind of stupid to think that Floyd would not have a catchweight against Middleweight GGG if he already had one for a Junior Middleweight. Take Floyds balls out of your mouth.
        Last edited by richardt; 03-24-2016, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• I think this entire conversation is ridiculous. Floyd is not coming out of retirement. If he does, he is not fighting GGG. Alvarez is not fighting GGG and GGG is not going to fight a quality opponent, whether that fight is at 160 or 168.

Comment

• Don't forget, Floyd also demanded that Pac fight JMM again to earn a shot at him. Floyd thinks he can make a fighter fight another fighter to be allowed to fight him. Same sht, different toilet. But then, this is the same guy who said he would never stoop so low as to demand a catchweight and did exactly that. Hard to grasp the fact that for a guy with such ring genius - turns into a pumpkin at the end of a fight and becomes his usual mental midget self till the next fight.
            Last edited by richardt; 03-24-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• That clown is only using GGGs name to get attention.

We all know by now that Floyd is scared to death by GGG, same as Canelo and all the other "great" fighters out there.

Ward already passed on the GGG fight and now he is some boring, semi relevant fighter with no fans.
              Last edited by Jubei; 03-24-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Ward just moved up. So GGG is supposed to go to 175 and then turn around and squeeze down to 155?

What a load of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Ward just moved up. So GGG is supposed to go to 175 and then turn around and squeeze down to 155?

What a load of shit.
                  Let's be honest, paul. Golovkin is ultra talented, but he ran from Ward like the black plague. He deserves all the **** he gets from this point forward.

Comment

• I.e. I don't want to fight you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Let's be honest, paul. Golovkin is ultra talented, but he ran from Ward like the black plague. He deserves all the **** he gets from this point forward.
                      Explain to me why not fighting someone two weight classes larger than you is running.

This should be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X