Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: What’s your view on the police/cops?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Don't know, but I'm sure there are stats out there.

I'm not counting, but seems like there are new stories every couple days & surely once a week.

And thats just the ones uncovered. I'd imagine there are a good % that don't get exposed or the cop has gotten so good at being a bad cop the chances of catching him doing bad cop sh^t is low.

Plus I think there are a lot of good cops who support the bad cops kinda like how the more reasonable muslims support the crazy muslims. Thats a underdiscussed dynamic in the bad cop debate.

I said it already. I think there needs to be better checks & balances with riding police forces of bad cops. And the good cops who know of bad cops need to be seen more as bad cops themselves.

I think cops need to become more the protectors & servers of back in the day vs these mfers acting like every traffic stop or minor citizen interaction is a reason to hassle & demean citizens.

There's probably way more ideas others have that would be better or good additions to what I've said cuz anyone who thinks are policing & prison/jail (which goes hand in hand with policing) systems can't be improved isn't f#cking paying attention to whats going on.

And I think when more automation hits the police force this will become more the reality. There are already robot security guards being toyed with. In a few decades we'll probably be getting pulled over by robot cops or more likely humans with robot "partners" who'll not be worried about getting shot or poked with a dirty needle. And that'll make cops & citizens safer & ideally ease a lot of tension between cops & citizens that we have now.
    Every job has it's share of garbage. Only bad police result in death. Thing is, police are quickly presumed guilty because that's what sells and inspires tweets.

The advent of dash and body cams will definitely help rid us of the bad apples.

Comment

F#ck the police is my primary view.

I do understand most cops are decent cats just doing a job to support themselves & their loved ones.

The thing is they've turned into a military-like gang more than the protectors & servers of citizens & their communities like they used to be. They also don't take the appropriate steps to rid their ranks of the bad cops who give them all a bad name by association as often as they should.

I got huge issues with any group with the power of cops who doesn't got a better system of checks & balances to weed out bad people & even bad protocols & tactics when needed.
      You have a bit of an issue. Mostly it would be not taking responsibility for your actions. Go do a ride a long and tell me how it goes.

These officers every single day deal with people that you would never want to even come across. The ridiculousness they have to deal with every day is insane. You also probably couldn't stomach the things they have to do that they never talk about.

I've never had a run in with the police, ever. Now, I have argued with many of them. But it's debating, not being disrespectful. I could never be a cop today. Dealing with the low lives they deal with and the bull***** they have to listen to every day, you couldn't pay me enough.

My uncle in law was almost killed by a guy with a gun during a traffic stop and when they went to court, the guy had 5 witnesses show up and lie. The only reason my uncle in law lived was because he put his thumb in between the hammer so he couldn't pull the trigger.

Comment

I live in a small town, and there arne't any problems with police here. So i think they are ok....HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Even criminals when they are getting their asses kicked they call the cops.

Silly logic.

Everyone goes to the sh^tty, sketchy overpriced, bs corner store ran by lowkey terrorist looking mfers when they just need hot dog buns or some other random ass item instead of traveling all the way to their normal grocery store too. That don't mean it don't suck.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
            I live in a small town, and there arne't any problems with police here. So i think they are ok....HERE.
            Tend to agree with this logic overall. I think the smaller towns are the less police act like employers of a military operation & more like Sheriff Andy Taylor from Mayberry type places.

I grew up in a small town (5k ppl) & lil to nothing sketcky with the cops ever. I've lived in a few smaller, closer communities & lil to nothing wrong with the cops there. When you get into bigger cities there is always more bs going on with the police.

Comment

They are a necessary evil. Sure they hassled Joe Average for being loud and annoying after a few drinks...but hey...they caught Ted Bundy. There's your checks and balances.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                Every job has it's share of garbage. Only bad police result in death. Thing is, police are quickly presumed guilty because that's what sells and inspires tweets.
                I think the problem doesn't lie in a rush to judgement on police accused of crimes. I think its more the expectation that justice isn't being served when a cop IS caught murdering, assaulting or otherwise harassing a citizen he should be merely arresting or leaving the f#ck alone.

The advent of dash and body cams will definitely help rid us of the bad apples.
                Yea when they turn them on or don't turn them off when something sketchy is about to go down which seems to happen quite a bit.

I think not turning on a body/dash cam or turning it off when dealing with a citizen should be dealt with like OST for PEDs. If you say you're gonna be at x place at x time & you aren't thats a strike against you. 3 strikes against you is equal to failing a PED test & you get dealt with likewise. Police forces that require officers to use cams need to be dealing with cops like that. If we see 3 times, or whatever is deemed a reasonable & fair number, you didn't turn on your cam or turned it off & you dealt with a citizen in that time you are being suspended. Keep doing it & your night manager at Carl's Jr.

So I don't disagree with you it helps weed out bad cops, but not as good as it could be with more checks & balances on mfers doing sketchy sh^t that everyone agrees is sketchy looking best case scenario.

Comment

Silly logic.

Everyone goes to the sh^tty, sketchy overpriced, bs corner store ran by lowkey terrorist looking mfers when they just need hot dog buns or some other random ass item instead of traveling all the way to their normal grocery store too. That don't mean it don't suck.
                  You make no sense

Comment

I think the problem doesn't lie in a rush to judgement on police accused of crimes. I think its more the expectation that justice isn't being served when a cop IS caught murdering, assaulting or otherwise harassing a citizen he should be merely arresting or leaving the f#ck alone.

Yea when they turn them on or don't turn them off when something sketchy is about to go down which seems to happen quite a bit.

I think not turning on a body/dash cam or turning it off when dealing with a citizen should be dealt with like OST for PEDs. If you say you're gonna be at x place at x time & you aren't thats a strike against you. 3 strikes against you is equal to failing a PED test & you get dealt with likewise. Police forces that require officers to use cams need to be dealing with cops like that. If we see 3 times, or whatever is deemed a reasonable & fair number, you didn't turn on your cam or turned it off & you dealt with a citizen in that time you are being suspended. Keep doing it & your night manager at Carl's Jr.

So I don't disagree with you it helps weed out bad cops, but not as good as it could be with more checks & balances on mfers doing sketchy sh^t that everyone agrees is sketchy looking best case scenario.
                    Will be TL/WR ?

Too true....

When the shlt is so blatant, it really does make the situation even worse than it was. I draw your attention to a recent case - the Laquan McDonald case

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mcdonald-video

6 years with possible time off for ''good'' behavior ?!?!?!?

I don't know what kind of person Laquan was, but at THAT MOMENT, he's a dude walking in a crazed manner. A danger to no one but himself (even if he did have a knife).

This is just a more recent case among many cases that served little to no justice.

Does this make that cop a racist or even a bad cop over his entire career ? Or did he just have the worst possible day in the history of days ?

The cop is supposed to have a ton of citations for good work and I'm pretty sure he's help minorities on many occasions with no history of fu cking up. Claimed to have been the 1st time he drew his weapon.

When we tag a cop a piece of shlt, we should check out that cop's history, like we would a victims arrest history. Murder is murder, or should be, but the whole story should be told.

As for cams, it's the logical 1st step. Add the fact everyone has a cell with a cam and there are cams practically on every corner, cops trying to get away with murder is getting harder. Prosecuting and getting a guilty verdict a different situation.

Lastly, social media doesn't play fair. They rile up the public with the heavy handed racial angle. If anyone is profiling, it's social media. And its just as blatant.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      Will be TL/WR ?

Too true....

When the shlt is so blatant, it really does make the situation even worse than it was. I draw your attention to a recent case - the Laquan McDonald case

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mcdonald-video

6 years with possible time off for ''good'' behavior ?!?!?!?

I don't know what kind of person Laquan was, but at THAT MOMENT, he's a dude walking in a crazed manner. A danger to no one but himself (even if he did have a knife).

This is just a more recent case among many cases that served little to no justice.

Does this make that cop a racist or even a bad cop over his entire career ? Or did he just have the worst possible day in the history of days ?

The cop is supposed to have a ton of citations for good work and I'm pretty sure he's help minorities on many occasions with no history of fu cking up. Claimed to have been the 1st time he drew his weapon.

When we tag a cop a piece of shlt, we should check out that cop's history, like we would a victims arrest history. Murder is murder, or should be, but the whole story should be told.
                      What difference does a cops story make as far as justice being served? What difference does it make what the record of the dead guy is?

A great cop murdering the worst citizen is still a murder. I mean I'm not gonna act like it'd be some great societal loss if some terrible criminal got murdered, but him being murdered by a person sworn to enforce our laws committing a crime in riding of us that terrible criminal has obvious problems for most of us I believe.

And I mean regular people snap or "have a bad day or their worst possible day" & do awful horrific things after uneventful to stellar resumes previous to doing that one thing that will follow them & define them to many for the rest of their days. I don't see why a cop snapping is any different.

I mean if you are talking doing studies on what leads to mfers snapping fair play & I get that. I think cops are in a career where snapping one random ass day is more likely than it is for a wedding photographer or in most jobs people have & there are probably early signs or help we can give those guys to prevent or reduce them from losing it. And thats a positive thing worth pursuing, but murder is still murder no matter how many Officer of the Year awards or w/e one may have.

As for cams, it's the logical 1st step. Add the fact everyone has a cell with a cam and there are cams practically on every corner, cops trying to get away with murder is getting harder. Prosecuting and getting a guilty verdict a different situation.

Lastly, social media doesn't play fair. They rile up the public with the heavy handed racial angle. If anyone is profiling, it's social media. And its just as blatant.
                      No doubt media has their angle & job, to sell papers or get people watching their news. That is what it is.

Thing is the police have a job & thats to enforce laws & its much more of a problem & counter to their goal of enforcing laws when some in their own ranks are among those breaking laws & not being properly dealt with.

Thats bringing less trust to the police & is likely making their job harder due to the lack of trust in a job where being a person of good moral character & exceptional judgment + trust is required or should be cuz idk if it is anymore.

I do agree things are being done to correct the problem slowly but surely. And I think it won't be a problem as technology advances decades from now, but right now it still kinda sucks with how things operate & the frequency of bad cops we find.

So its not like I don't think my opinion will ever change on cops & how they too often deal with citizens, but I think my stance is a long way off in viewing them as a group in a positive light regardless of how many cops I think are good among that group or the number of positive interactions I've had with cops that outweigh my personal experiences with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X