No announcement yet.

Most Wilder fans thought 8-4 was a draw anyway haha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    How am I biased when scoring a fight? You are never in the rbr scoring threads so you have no idea what you are talking about. Just labeling me because you are still upset that so many posters agree with me that you are one of the very worst racists on NSB. Posts like this only confirm everyone’s opinion.

I notice you don’t usually participate in scoring a fight. I guess that is because scoring fights isn’t an exercise where your racism and hate hold any water.

I welcome you to come and score a fight in any rbr thread. Makes the forum better than when you do not watch a fight then log in and post that anyone who scores for the non white or American of being biased or racist.
    I post in some of them, boxing sucks these days so there's very few american cards i wake up at 4am for.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Cool theory but this is not how boxing is scored AT ALL, I get it you're a Wilder fan, but just stick to Queensbury of Marquees rules of scoring...they are there for a reason
      That is how every boxing match is scored by the public, and instinctual by most people.

Anthony Joshua takes out both Wilder & Fury, I am not really a massive Deontay Wilder fan at all'.
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-06-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
        I post in some of them, boxing sucks these days so there's very few american cards i wake up at 4am for.
        You don't know how to score a fight anyway so its better that you are not in them.

Boxing doesn't suck. Boxing had tremendous momentum and energy coming off Canelo beating GGG until the 2 major British HWT's decided to avoid Wilder.

You like both British HWT's and GGG, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
          I had Fury winning a very close fight. I gave him seven rounds, gave Wilder four rounds and had one round even. So on my card, Fury won by one point. The round I had even, had someone given that round to Wilder, the fight would be a draw. So I can't argue with a draw.

But I can't fathom having Wilder winning. Even with the two knockdowns, there are seven rounds Fury clearly won, so I just don't see how you can get to a Wilder win.

And yet, there were some respected journalists and writers that had Wilder winning. So I don't think it's fair to say no one with two brain cells had Wilder winning. Some people had him winning, for whatever reason.
          Which respected journalists had Wilder winning? I haven't seen that.

I rewatched the fight recently, and struggle to give Wilder two solid rounds outside of the KD rounds. but I did just because he's the champ.

that was a stretch and Fury still won.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Which respected journalists had Wilder winning? I haven't seen that.

I rewatched the fight recently, and struggle to give Wilder two solid rounds outside of the KD rounds. but I did just because he's the champ.

that was a stretch and Fury still won.
            Someone made a thread compiling scores.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=800502

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
              Someone made a thread compiling scores.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=800502
              So bernard hopkins the only fighter that thought Wilder won? Sounds about right

Fat dan is smoking some good stuff from time to time.

Good to see normal people with functioning brains like Malignaggi and Ward spoke to the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I see a lot posters piping up now about a close fight and a draw, but seriously we can bump the fight thread and see a lot of these same guys saying "I had it a draw, 8-4 but it's scored even because of the knock downs"

Also this argument of Wilder "outworked" Fury. He threw 100 more punches, not a big difference in a 12 round fight. Fury landed more and cleaner in the majority of the rounds and also trumped Wilder on 3 of the 4 scoring criteria...this is Marquees of Queensbury scoring.

Fury not fighting the immediate rematch is not a good look and he'll have to deal with the backlash for now, but he won that fight, and under the circumstances he boxed a beautiful fight if you appreciate the art in what he did. I think he's probably kicking himself for the 9th and 12th and also prob thinking if he'd taken a couple more warm ups those lapses likely don't happen...
                Well, no. Just clearing up Fury's math.

Comment

Working...
                X