Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Wilder fans thought 8-4 was a draw anyway haha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People can pretend they don't understand why the judges scored it a draw but they are being fake and phony. I had Fury winning the fight in the RBR thread. The fact is Wilder threw more punches and had the 2 KD's. It's clear why the judges scored the fight a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      People can pretend they don't understand why the judges scored it a draw but they are being fake and phony. I had Fury winning the fight in the RBR thread. The fact is Wilder threw more punches and had the 2 KD's. It's clear why the judges scored the fight a draw.
      The judges did not score that fight a draw. Only 1 did.
      He had 113-113. Meaning he had Wilder losing 7 rounds to 5. Gave Fury -5 for the 5 rounds he lost plus -2 for the two knockdowns.

How one judge gave Wilder 7-5, I have no idea.
      One judge had it 8-4 for Fury but took away 2 points from Fury for the KD's. Hence 116-112.

People are confused with the mathematics of scores.
      Start using deductions, it will make figuring out the scores easier.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        just "throwing punches" doesn't win you ish in boxing.

Just like "just shooting" doesn't win ish in basketball.

Those punches need to do something, go somewhere that matters.

And it is clear why they scored it a draw. Ineptitude, or corruption. Pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          I see a lot posters piping up now about a close fight and a draw, but seriously we can bump the fight thread and see a lot of these same guys saying "I had it a draw, 8-4 but it's scored even because of the knock downs"

Also this argument of Wilder "outworked" Fury. He threw 100 more punches, not a big difference in a 12 round fight. Fury landed more and cleaner in the majority of the rounds and also trumped Wilder on 3 of the 4 scoring criteria...this is Marquees of Queensbury scoring.

Fury not fighting the immediate rematch is not a good look and he'll have to deal with the backlash for now, but he won that fight, and under the circumstances he boxed a beautiful fight if you appreciate the art in what he did. I think he's probably kicking himself for the 9th and 12th and also prob thinking if he'd taken a couple more warm ups those lapses likely don't happen...
          I called the fight 7-5 for Fury with the KD's making the fight a draw. Incidentally, so did the actual judges.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            The judges did not score that fight a draw. Only 1 did.
            He had 113-113. Meaning he had Wilder losing 7 rounds to 5. Gave Fury -5 for the 5 rounds he lost plus -2 for the two knockdowns.

How one judge gave Wilder 7-5, I have no idea.
            One judge had it 8-4 for Fury but took away 2 points from Fury for the KD's. Hence 116-112.

People are confused with the mathematics of scores.
            Start using deductions, it will make figuring out the scores easier.
            I think you got what I meant by the judges had it a draw. I can agree with you that the 7-5 score for wilder was crazy. I surely can’t find 7 rounds.

That said the judge was likely swayed by wilder being more active. Not saying that is right but that has happened many times in fights, most recently in the Ramirez fight a couple Sundays ago on espn.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              just "throwing punches" doesn't win you ish in boxing.

Just like "just shooting" doesn't win ish in basketball.

Those punches need to do something, go somewhere that matters.

And it is clear why they scored it a draw. Ineptitude, or corruption. Pick one.
              I didn’t say it did. See my last response. Often judges are unfairly swayed by activity despite the activity not landing ( at least from my POV watching the fight in tv).

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I see a lot posters piping up now about a close fight and a draw, but seriously we can bump the fight thread and see a lot of these same guys saying "I had it a draw, 8-4 but it's scored even because of the knock downs"

Also this argument of Wilder "outworked" Fury. He threw 100 more punches, not a big difference in a 12 round fight. Fury landed more and cleaner in the majority of the rounds and also trumped Wilder on 3 of the 4 scoring criteria...this is Marquees of Queensbury scoring.

Fury not fighting the immediate rematch is not a good look and he'll have to deal with the backlash for now, but he won that fight, and under the circumstances he boxed a beautiful fight if you appreciate the art in what he did. I think he's probably kicking himself for the 9th and 12th and also prob thinking if he'd taken a couple more warm ups those lapses likely don't happen...

Comment

I found most of the Wilder fan base not highly intelligent in general. There are exceptions but there scarce .

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
                    I think what Joshua is doing is similar to what Canelo did with GGG. It's not that he doesn't want the fight, but he knows he benefits from Wilder getting a couple years older, so what's the rush?
                    I agree apart from with Canelo it was about him filling into 160 too, the pressure started when he beat Cotto but that was not a fight of true middleweights, it was just a big fight, he fought a couple more at 154-155 after which showed he was still small at 160

With Joshua for sure I think it's possible he could beat Wilder today or in the last 12 months, but he's still improving and I think it's smart to get more experience, camps, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      Tyson Fury probably did win the boxing match, but Deontay Wilder won the fight. 'And he was the champion, and decked Tyson Fury twice' You don't go to america and win a title by playing tick.

Tyson Fury states that he is a fighting man, well then lets rematch Deontay Wilder the WBC champion at some time in 2019.
                      Well if u won enough rounds it shouldnt matter if u get decked twice if judges are scoring round by round.

Comment

Working...
                      X