No announcement yet.

Questions about Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AchillesFury View Post
    Did Mike Tyson get a massive neck from doing exercises or is his neck naturally that big. I have Googled photos of him now and his neck seems quite normal, is that just body/muscle decay that comes with old age?

Also he has quite big biceps naturally without having to workout.
    He did shed loads of neck exercises.... think Nelo also does too

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      It could absolutely be genetics. I had kids in my high school way back, around that age, that were shredded - six pack and all - and never once trained in a gym, also ate like animals and never put on weight (as in fat weight). Not sure if that lasted, Im sure it didnt, but I was amazed back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        You can't isolate the neck with any real success. You'll get a thick neck either as a byproduct of compound exercises (shrugs, presses, pulls, etc) or because you're genetically inclined.

Most lose neck muscle as they age, while gaining neck fat.

You absolutely CAN isolate the neck. The neck is a muscle just like every other muscle in the body and it can be isolated (neck curls, neck extensions) . If you train it directly it WILL grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          You absolutely CAN isolate the neck. The neck is a muscle just like every other muscle in the body and it can be isolated (neck curls, neck extensions) . If you train it directly it WILL grow.
          Wrong. While you can do isolating exercises, the best way to grow the neck is by shifting your forum on certain compound movements. Isolating it to grow is the kind of silly stuff they use to sell magazines but it's of very limited use.

Your "just like every other muscle in the body" thing tells me you haven't spent any significant time bodybuilding. There are certain muscles (neck, calves, forearms) where isolation does very little, but major gains are found in two things; compound movements and genetics. If you are not inclined to having a thick neck you are NOT going to get one without increasing mass in the shoulders, traps, and other muscles that work with the neck.

There's a reason the vast majority of bodybuilders don't do neck isolation. But, they have ridiculous necks because of compound exercises and genetic inclination (steroids aside).

CONDITIONING the neck is something else. Boxers condition the neck so that it is STRONG, not muscular.

Comment

Wrong. While you can do isolating exercises, the best way to grow the neck is by shifting your forum on certain compound movements. Isolating it to grow is the kind of silly stuff they use to sell magazines but it's of very limited use.

Your "just like every other muscle in the body" thing tells me you haven't spent any significant time bodybuilding. There are certain muscles (neck, calves, forearms) where isolation does very little, but major gains are found in two things; compound movements and genetics. If you are not inclined to having a thick neck you are NOT going to get one without increasing mass in the shoulders, traps, and other muscles that work with the neck.

There's a reason the vast majority of bodybuilders don't do neck isolation. But, they have ridiculous necks because of compound exercises and genetic inclination (steroids aside).

CONDITIONING the neck is something else. Boxers condition the neck so that it is STRONG, not muscular.

Look up alpha destiny and mike bruce on youtube. 2 guys who put inches on their neck through isolation neck movements (neck curl, neck extensions, bridges). Alphadestiny had a puny 14" inch neck and was NOT genetically inclined to having a thick neck prior to training it directly.

Will compound movements grow your neck too? Yes, but training it directly will result in better gains.

Bodybuilders have no reason to train neck because they are on boatloads of roids which grows EVERYTHING and most bodybuilders arent doing compound movements they are doing isolation fluff and pump workouts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                Look up alpha destiny and mike bruce on youtube. 2 guys who put inches on their neck through isolation neck movements (neck curl, neck extensions, bridges). Alphadestiny had a puny 14" inch neck and was NOT genetically inclined to having a thick neck prior to training it directly.

Will compound movements grow your neck too? Yes, but training it directly will result in better gains.

Bodybuilders have no reason to train neck because they are on boatloads of roids which grows EVERYTHING and most bodybuilders arent doing compound movements they are doing isolation fluff and pump workouts.
                Your last paragraph shows your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Floyd is the poster boy for neck iso and he's got a chicken neck.
                Believe whatever makes you feel good though. I'm just trying to help this dude so he doesn't waste his time with misinformation like I did.
                Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-14-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Your last paragraph shows your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Floyd is the poster boy for neck iso and he's got a chicken neck.
                  Believe whatever makes you feel good though. I'm just trying to help this dude so he doesn't waste his time with misinformation like I did.
                  Golden age bodybuilders were doing alot of compound movements, sure. This new era of bodybuilding is workouts made up of mostly iso exercises and ***** loads of steroids/synthol/hgh that masks their garbage training routines.

Floyd has a 16.5" neck but also remember floyd is only 150 LBS.

Comment

Tyson ate a **** ton of food and trained his neck. Don't skip neck day.

Comment

Working...
                    X