No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora Has No Problem Fighting Oleksandr Usyk Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    When I saw Chisora in the title, I was like, "Thank God, he isn't starting with Takam at heavyweight but Chisora!" Then I read the article and Takam was still there. I don't know who the matchmaker is, but Takam is the wrong choice for a debut. He's a very skilled boxer with size advantage. That'd have been the last one I considered.

Unless Takam deteriorated since the last time I saw him against Parker, I expect my boy Usyk to struggle a lot here. He shouldn't waste his time with Chisora next if he beats Takam.
    Unless Takam is a fool, he'll come lean on fight night... I'd say 220 -225 would be the sweet spot... He can't afford to drag around trying to chase the elusive Usyk... Even then Usyk should toy with him and win a wide.. UD

Comment

Hearn might have Usyk on sweeping duty

Comment

Chisora would fight anyone I'd imagine as long as the money made enough sense to him at the time.

Would be a easy W for Usyk I feel like & if Usyk beats Takam one could argue Usyk is already got his on the map HW fight so if he truly wants a HW title shot sooner rather than later the goal is to fight a top 5 guy next not another on the map fight like Chisora would be. Might not be a bad idea to keep Chisora on speed dial if Takam gets hurt or something doe I suppose.

Comment

yes because he'll get paid close to a billion for that fight.

Comment

Interesting to see how Chisora gets on with Gashi next never mind Usyk the way Whyte brutally knocked him out was sickening I doubt he’ll recover from that.

Comment

oh **** off, I don't want Usyk to waste his time at HW fighting Takam and Chisora. After he gets rid of Takam, he needs a proper fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                To be fair I think it’s risky taking on takem in his first fight at heavy
                It’s not a terrible fight but Takam won’t win a solitary round and I really don’t see him dropping Usyk once. He has that clubbing mauling style I get it but Usyk’s conditioning is phenomenal compared to these fat losers littering the top 6-20, sure he’ll struggle with the likes of Pulev but guys like Takam, Chisora and Whyte are just a waste of time unless it gets him an actual elimination fight for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  But Usyk has made comment that he wants a couple of fights at the weight before going for the belts. Takam then Chisora sounds good to me to acclimatize to the weight class.
                  That’s his path set out by his promoter, no doubt AJ will be busy with Miller and Pulev this year and we’ll likely get AJ vs Usyk after he unifies against Wilder early next year my guess would be Usyk will be late next year for AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    It favors Usyk to take a few fights at Heavyweight first
                    Against a guy who just lost to Chisora ? I’m all for a a few fights but at least fave someone in the top echelon, Takam if he is a level below Chisora what does that place him outside the top 25 ? Lol, it’s hard to take a fight serious when they’re facing guys who’ve slipped so low as losing to the street sweepers of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by -Scott.Weiland- View Post
                      That’s his path set out by his promoter, no doubt AJ will be busy with Miller and Pulev this year and we’ll likely get AJ vs Usyk after he unifies against Wilder early next year my guess would be Usyk will be late next year for AJ.
                      That's if Pulev actually goes through with the fight against AJ this time. But we'll see.

With Wilder not wanting it, and possibly Pulev refusing again, AJ could meet Usyk after Miller later this year. That's if Usyk doesn't have a harder time of it than we predict against Takam.. But again, we'll have to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X