Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll:In your opinion did Khan win the Peterson Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll:In your opinion did Khan win the Peterson Fight?

There is a poster here on Boxingscene that keeps on making comments like "The general concensus is Khan won and if there was a poll it would show it."
    Is he right?

In YOUR opinion who won the fight or was it a draw?
    In my opinion Peterson won
    47.25%
    In my opinion Khan won
    37.36%
    In my opinion the fight was a draw
    15.38%

I thought it was close enough to have gone either way.

Comment

I thought it was close enough to have gone either way.

Comment

Khan won.......

I believe Khan won the fight. It was Petersons best in ring performance yet. BUT, going into the championship rounds, the fight was pretty much even. This is where Khan increased his work-rate, threw more punches, and landed more punches than Peterson. He also made Peterson look bad in a couple exchanges where he made him miss. Look at Petersons face after the fight and look at Khans face. Guys like him and Manny are so fast, we sometimes missed the clean effective punches they are landing. Sure khan has some things to work on and could use this close fight as a lesson, but he didn't lose; the unknown ref took it from him. Hats off to him for having the balls to come take the fight on his opponents turf. He also loves America. Gotta like the kid going forward. His attributes out-weighs his faults but he needs to use his legs less, and throw more meaningful punches. He also needs to work on his defense. He gets hit a bit too much. Hats off to Peterson for a great fight but Khan won it by about a round or two.
        Last edited by GOD-FR33; 01-20-2012, 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling and grammor

Comment

no he didn't

Comment

With or without the point deductions? Some may say Khan won because he shouldnt of been penalised.

Comment

I think Lamont deserved it just...

Comment

With the deductions Peterson won the fight. I'd like to see them do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  With or without the point deductions? Some may say Khan won because he shouldnt of been penalised.
                  In your personal opinion so if you feel there should have been more or less deductions take that into account.
                  Personally I don't think the knock down in round one should have been given. Khan was abusing the pushing and holding and was using that type of fouling in a tactical way and the ref needed to sort that out.

Comment

peterson won the fight no doubt, it was close but clear.

with or without the point deductions he won, and there wasnt anything wrong with the point deductions anyways. if anything khan should have had more points deducted or been DQed, he pulled out damn near every foul in the book and was dirty all night. so 2 points wasnt unfair, unlike the free point khan got in the first round for that "knockdown".

Comment

Working...
                    X