Day 11: On a scale of 1-10, rate Wladimir Klitscko's win over David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical boring Klitschko fight.

Too much grabbing and wrestling.

Sloppy form and couldn't knock David out.

Comment

Disgraceful performance. Mates and I were at the pub watching and waiting to see some long anticipated action.

A lot of chum booed the tv screen, me included.

At least haye has an excuse as he is a cruiserweight. Wlad should have done more being the much bigger man.

Both should be ashamed of themselves for doing fock all.
      Last edited by skybox222; 07-11-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
        i voted 5 simply because haye did very little if i remember after all the talk, very disappointing he didnt leave it all in the ring, he barely even attacked him smh, haye made a lot of money off his mouth, those bellew fights smhhhhh
        Major letdown.

Comment

Wlad showed you and did what he had to do but it was kind of a stinker due to Haye. On paper it's a good win, and it's important to remember that people considered Haye a threat to the top guys at the time. People swore he'd beat Wilder and Fury as well as Wlad.

Haye was not entirely proven at HW though I'd say and I favored Wlad, so I can't give it a 10.

Comment

Wlad's best W.
            Haye slightly injured but great performance with Steward in the corner. They knew Haye was gonna take his head off if they boxed anything like Wlad had done in plenty of his earlier fights.

The real Q is what was Haye in peak condition do against that Wlad (the Chisora fight version)
            That was haye at his most beastly.
            Crazy to push around a big guy like Chisora at 98kg.

Comment

I'm going for a 7. It was a very dominant win, Haye prob only won a couple of rounds. It was clear after about 5 rounds that Haye didn't have anything other than telegraphing and throwing wild hooks when out of range and to fall on his knees when Wlad gets close. Wlad could've put more pressure on and got the stoppage but he played it safe. I remember Vitali and Manny practically begging him to go for the KO but he wouldn't do it.

Comment

Just rewatched it.

5 at best.

Comment

8/10.

That David Haye would of ended Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua 'Yes Haye was hampered but, his speed and exceptional defense was very apparent' both fighters nullified each other, so it was always going to be that type of match up.

Note: Looks like I have already made a post on this thread 'I actually gave a more detailed response with my first post' etc.
                  Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 09-17-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Wlad showed you and did what he had to do but it was kind of a stinker due to Haye. On paper it's a good win, and it's important to remember that people considered Haye a threat to the top guys at the time. People swore he'd beat Wilder and Fury as well as Wlad.

Haye was not entirely proven at HW though I'd say and I favored Wlad, so I can't give it a 10.
                    Hardly anyone was talking about Wilder or Fury in 2011.

Pulev, Adamek, Chagaev, Arreola, Pov, Chamber, and of course Vitali. I'm sure I forgot plenty but the point is Fury and Wilder arguments in 2011 were done by like me and Freedom back when Seth Mitchell and David Price were seen on Wilder or Fury level.

I mean, of course I'm exaggerating. If you claim to be Fury faithful from 11 I'm not calling you a liar I'm just saying we were few, as ****.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyable but hardly impressive.

Difficulty level 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X