Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce: Ustinov Win Proves I'm A Credible Opponent For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give him someone like Duhaupas, Kauffman, Teper, Szpilka, something like that. if he passes, than let him fight Chisora. If he beats Chisora, he is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Same I think this place makes me more of a fan of him because you can tell a lot of posters on here have been fed a diet of welterweights.

They talk of pound for pound but then expect these guys to fight like 5’6 10 and half stone men. Or they point to a 5 round schooling by Usyk in the WSB. Jeez, even with that is it a
      big leap to imagine smaller gloves and longer fight making a difference along with professional conditioning? And that’s Usyk. One of the best in the sport.

I’d be surprised if Joyce didn’t grab some big wins in his career.
      I think the fact Booth chose to work with him probably says he has a bit more about him than we may have seen.

Booth is extremely selective with who he works with these days and they generally have to have a high level of talent. The only fighters he currently works with are Conlan, Kelly, Burnett and Joyce. 3 of them very good amateurs and expected to do good things as a pro and one was a unified world champ.

Before that he trained Andy Lee and Saunders briefly, both MW champs. And then we know about Groves and Haye.

I just don't think Booth would've agreed to work with him if he didn't think he would be a big player in the division.

Comment

In before slow and robot come up in a post.

I’ll maintain Joyce is a problem for anyone.

It’s not like he’d stand off any of them. He makes them all fight
        You post at the speed of Joyce cause it was already said

Comment

Man this guy has 9 fights under his belt and he already screaming for a world title shot? It dont work like that...come back after another 10 fights and we will see then.

Forget about Povetkin and names like that, sure gotta give him props for willing to fight the top contenders so early in his career, but he should take his time, Povetkin would most likely beat him quite easily right now, he needs to work his way up the ladder, Takam, Helenius, Wach...fights like that are all a learning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
            Lol Joyce is sooo slow. AJ or Wilder sleeps him easy. Hell Fury might be able to hit him 3 times before Joe's first punch actually lands
            The first time I watched him fight I was really shocked at how slow he was. He will never make it to the top level being that slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              You post at the speed of Joyce cause it was already said
              ...Touché

To be fair I don’t think anybody slipped in robot yet.

Comment

That cruiserweight is a great fight for Joyce too.

The idea that some handspeed and decent movement is all it takes to beat Joyce would be dispelled imo. Fight is too long, Joyce is too big, ring is too small, Joyce is too fit, Joyce is too strong.
                Hunter it was. Agree that would be a test for Joyce. Especially as Usyk beat Joyce easily in the WSB a few years back. And he hasn't got quicker (which makes him being able to do a back flip impressive).

Comment

Seen Joyce a few times now and just don't get the hype from some people

He's slow, KOs people by wearing them down rather than 1 punch power and he's hittable. Age also isn't on his side

I'd fancy Povetkin to beat him. But he does need somebody good, because his clock is ticking and he doesn't seem especially close to a title shot. Pretty crazy signing with Frank too if he wants the AJ fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Alexander Ustinov is 42 years old and was knocked out in his previous fight. Joe Joyce still believes that the way he beat Ustinov on Saturday night disproved promoter Eddie Hearn's contention that "Juggernaut" isn't a credible opponent for Great Britain's biggest boxing star. Hearn indicated recently that Joyce hasn't accomplished enough during his 1-year pro career to warrant consideration for a fight against Anthony Joshua.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    Delusions of grandeur.

Comment

Joshua would break him up bit by bit and cause some serious damage on that big swede of his.

Comment

Working...
                      X