Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulev getting 35% from Joshua fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulev getting 35% from Joshua fight...

He’s going to get crazy money for this fight.

This is yet another example as to why posters should stop saying who’s worth what.

35% is going to be insane money.

Hearn is the one who wants his fighters getting a bigger cut than they deserve against Canelo. It would only make sense if Pulev's promoters started asking for unreasonable amounts of money to fight Joshua.

Comment

Is it? How do we know Hearn didn’t purposely make this fight a small purse fight because of the mandatory situation? We know Joshua made 10 times more than Ruiz in his last fight and he’s got way more fans than Pulev so please

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
        Hearn is the one who wants his fighters getting a bigger cut than they deserve against Canelo. It would only make sense if Pulev's promoters started asking for unreasonable amounts of money to fight Joshua.
        If they didn't offer Pulev a larger amount, he was going to let it go to a purse bid, which I don't think Hearn wanted to risk being outbid or have to pay out actual cash. He also doesn't want to get AJ stripped of the belt. He made the right business decision if in fact this is the case.

Comment

Highly unlikely. It'll be a flat fee offer like all the rest apart from Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            If they didn't offer Pulev a larger amount, he was going to let it go to a purse bid, which I don't think Hearn wanted to risk being outbid or have to pay out actual cash. He also doesn't want to get AJ stripped of the belt. He made the right business decision if in fact this is the case.
            Precisely. Arum has Hearn between a rock and a hard place. If Arum had won the purse bid, which he very well might have, Joshua would have had to either fight on ESPN in America or give up his title.

Comment

What’s the word on a date and a venue?

Comment

Originally posted by rob g View Post
                What’s the word on a date and a venue?
                June 20, a stadium in London...

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  Precisely. Arum has Hearn between a rock and a hard place. If Arum had won the purse bid, which he very well might have, Joshua would have had to either fight on ESPN in America or give up his title.
                  I think a number of posters forget that when you are the mandatory challenger you do have leverage you can use, especially if you have a promoter with deep pockets on your side. Pulev did exactly what he should've-either pay me what I want or we do this the hard way and you risk either fighting off dazn (which he;d never do) or give up the belt, which he doesn't want to do.

Comment

This is why Pulev and Arum are trying to get the fight moved to a country with more money.

If it were a flat fee regardless, they may not care.

Imagine Saudi come in with more money to host another boxing event, then Pulev gets 35% of that? Not bad at all.

Understandable why they’re not just agreeing to London straight away

Comment

Working...
                    X