No announcement yet.

Minotauro a definite at Pride 23?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minotauro a definite at Pride 23?

"Various Japanese Newspapers are reporting that Minotauro will definitely fight in Pride 23. His back has healed and he is currently training. The same papers though say it most likely won't be against Josh Barnett. The Japanese media say that Pride will respect the Nevada State Athletic Commissions wish waiting for Barnett's suspension to end before competing in Pride. It's believed his suspension should end around the beginning of the new year. Pride officials had no comment when contacted by MMAWeekly.com."

Props to MMAWeekly

i don't think barnett can take nog, even if he could fight him. barnett is one of the best heavyweights of all time but i think he gets a little cocky at times.
    an example of this is when he refused to take rizzo to the ground but insisted on going standup with one of the most deadliest stand up fighters. this cost him his match when he COULD have probably won if he had taken pedro to the ground. but he was cocky & on top so he wanted to beat the guy at his own game.
    another example of this is his challenge to fight nog. i don't think barnett's ready for nog yet.

too bad for all his steriod **** going on because it would be PERFECT to have barnett square off against ricco (who i also don't think is ready for nog). whoever wins that fight would then be ready for nog.

Comment

I'm glad that their holding true to the Nevada Athletic boards decision. He got caught, so it would just be a slap in the face letting him fight over there, until he can legally fight here. I don't believe he is ready for nog either. The Barnett vs Ricco idea is capital, I like that alot. I dont agree with the statement Josh is one of the best HW of all time. He definately has the potential to be one of the best, but from what I have seen personally, I wouldnt label him one of the best.

Comment

i think he can take nog in 2 years!! he is very yong.. and he's getting better and better!!

=)
        but right now nog is the man!!

Comment

If he stays on roids he's got a chance. Otherwise, his fat gene is holding him back.

Comment

LOL good one... yeah, Barnett's slimmed down a lot. I still don't see how he's gonna take Nogueira tough... he doesn't have anything that's better than Nogueira IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X