Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolling with the Nelo for the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling with the Nelo for the rematch?

Who here is on Team Canelo for the rematch?

I'll admit I currently have a $200 bet on Canelo (who is the underdog).

Full disclosure, I thought GGG would win the original fight but the only bet I placed was on the draw, thinking if it was close judges would favour Canelo and that due to the $$$ involved a draw to setup the rematch was a far more likely option than the odds payout would suggest. I cleaned up on the original fight bet wise and am hoping to go 2 for 2 with the rematch.

I might put up to another $2k on Canelo for the rematch depending on how I think the training videos look.

I just think GGG has had his time and Canelo will improve more for the rematch than GGG will. Add the Golden Boy factor, Canelo looking good at 160 and GGG ageing even more and I think Canelo (as a dog) is the play here.

Who else is rolling with the Nelo?

Conversely, GGG backers feel free to shut me down and explain how I'm throwing away my money rolling with the Nelo.

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post

Full disclosure, I thought GGG would win the original fight but the only bet I placed was on the draw, thinking if it was close judges would favour Canelo and that due to the $$$ involved a draw to setup the rematch was a far more likely option than the odds payout would suggest. I cleaned up on the original fight bet wise and am hoping to go 2 for 2 with the rematch.

I might put up to another $2k on Canelo for the rematch depending on how I think the training videos look.

I just think GGG has had his time and Canelo will improve more for the rematch than GGG will. Add the Golden Boy factor, Canelo looking good at 160 and GGG ageing even more and I think Canelo (as a dog) is the play here.

Conversely, GGG backers feel free to shut me down and explain how I'm throwing away my money rolling with the Nelo.
    Aren't you that guy who said he won money on Degale vs Jack?

Comment

I watched the fight twice, scored it a draw both times. I can see it 115-113 either way, lots of close rounds.

Time is on Canelo's side but I feel the rematch might play out similar to the first fight.

Comment

Rematches usually favour the more skilled fighter. Canelo is the more skilled, he can change things up more. You're going to see the same Golovkin that can't land any of his power shots.

Comment

I put $200 on canelo the first fight got refunded cuz it was a draw but I'm gonna put $1,000+ on him for the rematch

Comment

Bet on Canelo in the first fight and will likely end up betting on Canelo.

The mystique is done with; skill is skill, but Alvarez has been in the ring with him for twelve rounds and likely now knows, just like Jacobs, that Floyd was right; straight up and down, no special effects.

Alvarez manages his gas tank better, and I'm on record saying he likely wins 8-4.

Comment

Ggg isn’t going to be power shot or body shy in the rematch he knows what to expect now.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Rematches usually favour the more skilled fighter. Canelo is the more skilled, he can change things up more. You're going to see the same Golovkin that can't land any of his power shots.
                Canelo the more skilled is what I expect from a guy who took a English journey mans name

Comment

Is this fight even happening in may?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    Ggg isn’t going to be power shot or body shy in the rematch he knows what to expect now.
                    im confident on who is the better fighter, and he will win the rematch..
                    care for an account bet??
                    Last edited by icha; 01-09-2018, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X