Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #28 - Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury, Sep 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parker should have this. Young Fury just ain't very good - but I wouldn't be at all surprised by a lil home cooking. There's a reason this didn't go to Auckland. I wanna root for the hometown guy, but after the BS they pulled I just can't do it. Just a shame I can't make it to the MEN on Saturday.

Comment

Did my research on Fury, Parkers I still have to do.

I think there is a reason, why Fury didnt want to fight in Australia. They are not confident to win without having some things in their favour.

Now the fight is in England with the terrible referee Terry O'Connor and I believe 2 of the 3 judges will be british, because Duco events didnt provide a name for a judge from new zealand.

Hughie doesnt have many tools from what I've seen. Has some ok movement for a heavyweight. But often moves back in straight lines and touches the ropes very often against Rudenko. His answer on the ropes are clinches, which he was allowed in the rudenko fight.

He pumps out his jab often, but Rudenko didnt have a problem to get in range, unfortunately he was jumping in and smothering his own punches, giving Fury an opportunity to clinch.

Doesnt have a big variety of punches and combinations, mostly throws jabs and some 1,2s. Power is non-existant, especially on the right hand.

Also from what I've seen he doesnt win rounds big. Does enough to edge it, but doesnt have the workrate to just outwork his opponent and doesnt have the power to land some big and impressive punches for the judges. Against rudenko who isnt a defensive wizard, he also couldnt land real clean punches.

I need to see more Parker fights to see if Parker has enough to beat Fury, the referee and the judges.

Comment

This fight is going to be dirty and corrupt as hell. I expect a lot of roughhouse tactics, fouls, referee stalling the action, and Fury tying up Joseph in clinches.

Parker needs a knockout to win. Mark my words, if it goes to the scorecards he's getting robbed.

Comment

I like JP, but when is he going to fight quality opponent? If Fury gives him trouble like Ruiz did I can only see him as side note in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Man Parker's my boy but I got Hughie outpointing him. I think it will be competitive, but the judges will score wide, so I'm going with Hughie by wide decision

Comment

Watching Parker-Ruiz.

Is it just me, or is Parker's footwork really bad?

Comment

Parker will KO Fury to the body and will end within 5 rounds.

Comment

I just saw that boxing legends tv uploaded this video about this fight ->https://youtu.be/GY-vIJvoGAU. It might be interesting for the people who wants to see it.

Comment

Ruiz is really good, mate. He's capable of giving anyone a run for their money.

Comment

It's like theGame aint fun no more. Folks I new like -MEGA-, [MENTION]BrometheusBob[/MENTION], NC Uppercut,[MENTION] A.K[/MENTION], etc. They all fell out; they went off track; they got distracted. Now, they are like crack fiends and dopeheads on the roadside. They still play the game(similar to how the dopeheads are still alive) but they have no chance at success.
                      MEGA once said I was playing/living the game boring. He said I should have tired some of what he got but declined. I held firm to what I believe was right and I happy to say that I am still in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X