Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support the practices of the meat industry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    I'm sure it's rampant here in the US. Any woman that's dating a Mexican would probably drop dirty for Clen.
    Only if she swallows

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      I'm sure it's rampant here in the US. Any woman that's dating a Mexican would probably drop dirty for Clen.
      Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Only if she swallows

Comment

pretty broad question

Comment

Everything we eat has something in it. Fruits and veggies are sprayed with harmful pesticides. Even the organic produce is treated with organic pesticides that are just as harmful. If you really want to eat clean you have to grow it yourself or buy "pesticide free" which is going to cost you at the register.

I still see people living to 80+ in the U.S. eating all this chemically treated meat and produce, so until the life expectancy in the U.S. drops below 65 I won't give it too much thought. But, I would not be surprised to learn that the Big Pharma companies who develop cancer treatment drugs are also supplying these chemicals to the meat industry to keep themselves in business from both ends. One kills you, the other cures you and a win-win for Big Pharma and the chemical companies.

Comment

Overuse of antibiotics can lead to quicker development of resistant strains but there is no risk to a person directly.

Bovine hormones aren't biologically active in humans and even if it was its a peptide chain of amino acids and is broken down in the stomach by pepsin. Its just protein to us basically.

Antibiotics are processed very quickly which is why you have to take 2-4 a day for a week or whatever and not just one pill. There is 0 change of any of them getting into your system if the proper rules with withdrawal times are adhered to. Oral drugs are also usually taken a salt form usually hydrochoride so as not to break down in the stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              Overuse of antibiotics can lead to quicker development of resistant strains but there is no risk to a person directly.

Bovine hormones aren't biologically active in humans and even if it was its a peptide chain of amino acids and is broken down in the stomach by pepsin. Its just protein to us basically.

Antibiotics are processed very quickly which is why you have to take 2-4 a day for a week or whatever and not just one pill. There is 0 change of any of them getting into your system if the proper rules with withdrawal times are adhered to. Oral drugs are also usually taken a salt form usually hydrochoride so as not to break down in the stomach.
              Do you also approve of chlorine baths for chicken and ammonia gas to purify "pink slime" in ground beef?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Only if she swallows

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  And I'm not just talking about the clenbuterol in Mexico, either.

Here in the U.S. they give chlorine baths to poultry meat as well as inject cows with hormones and antibiotics.

Are you ok that they do all that in the pursuit of profit? Do you have any worries that some of this crap is inevitably going to get into your system?
                  The rise in cancer could possibly be influenced partly by food practices.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Do you also approve of chlorine baths for chicken and ammonia gas to purify "pink slime" in ground beef?
                    Chlorine is the non ionic version of the chloride you find on table salt and ammonia while mildly toxic in high doses , is a common byproduct of protein breakdown and easily converted to urea which is dispelled in urine.

There's very smart people making the rules here at least in most countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                      Chlorine is the non ionic version of the chloride you find on table salt and ammonia while mildly toxic in high doses , is a common byproduct of protein breakdown and easily converted to urea which is dispelled in urine.

There's very smart people making the rules here at least in most countries.
                      So far you admit to the danger of developing antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria and that ammonia can be toxic in high doses.

Do we really need those to be present in the food supply?

Personally I think these "very smart people" are using their talents in the pursuit of efficiency and profit, instead of trying to come up with ways to have the most wholesome and health-promoting food chain possible.

But they have to dance to the tune of those who pay their salaries I guess. The welfare of their fellow man is not a top priority at that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X