Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali was not technically sound on every level. Because what you do works does not make it technically sound. It has long been recognized that he did many things wrong but was so talented he got away with them and sometimes was able to turn minuses into pluses.

Every fighter has a few areas at least where his technique is excellent. Couldn't fault Ali's jab. For force he was only a medium puncher because most of the time he threw arm punches. It was not perfect punching technique, but it worked wonders in tandem with his speed and endurance, making him hard to find with counters.

Drawing your head straight back from shots is not technically sound, no matter how well it works for you. It worked for Ali because he was tall for his day and had super reflexes. It worked, but that did not make it technically sound.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Fury is decent, but today's boxers at heavyweight are crap as actual boxers and it makes Fury seems a lot better than he actually is.
      People say that about every HW era , back in the 90's it was labled as dull full of average talent this included Lewis ,up until late 90's .

Todays fighters are and will be over looked as well bc ppl dont know what their watching and the average social media fan has the attention span like a gold fish , i would say fans probably wont get better any time soon a bunch of whiners who have absolutely no idea about judgement of skills .

Dont believe me ? Go on the thread that HBO is showing the Browne vs Whyte fight and see all the cry babies bc its ot two champions fighting ,etc etc...lol .....

On Fury ? Hes good bc he has genetics for the sport ,it comes natural too him on top being 6'9 makes him formidable. His LIMITED ability however will not be in his favor against certain fighters , his size will be less of a factor with Joshua who i think CRUSHES him and Wilder who will probably get out boxed .

I think the era shouldn't be labled bad bc Fury is a top guy even if his career is a train wreck ,Fury the fighter is still formidable i just ignore his outlandish fanbase that makes him out to be the greatest ...lol ,

In fairness hes decent and most top guys aren't even in their primes yet ,including Joshua and Parker and they hold belts .

Ortiz despite age is formidable himself at 6'4 240 and would bet he would have knocked out Moorer a less formidable southpaw , this era isnt as weak as you think .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-15-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

toss fury in with the rest of the '1 n done' champs. he was funny for 10 minutes. almost as long as his hw reign.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          People say that about every HW era , back in the 90's it was labled as dull full of average talent this included Lewis ,up until late 90's .

Todays fighters are and will be over looked as well bc ppl dont know what their watching and the average social media fan has the attention span like a gold fish , i would say fans probably wont get better any time soon a bunch of whiners who have absolutely no idea about judgement of skills .

Dont believe me ? Go on the thread that HBO is showing the Browne vs Whyte fight and see all the cry babies bc its ot two champions fighting ,etc etc...lol .....

On Fury ? Hes good bc he has genetics for the sport ,it comes natural too him on top being 6'9 makes him formidable. His LIMITED ability however will not be in his favor against certain fighters , his size will be less of a factor with Joshua who i think CRUSHES him and Wilder who will probably get out boxed .

I think the era shouldn't be labled bad bc Fury is a top guy even if his career is a train wreck ,Fury the fighter is still formidable i just ignore his outlandish fanbase that makes him out to be the greatest ...lol ,

In fairness hes decent and most top guys aren't even in their primes yet ,including Joshua and Parker and they hold belts .

Ortiz despite age is formidable himself at 6'4 240 and would bet he would have knocked out Moorer a less formidable southpaw , this era isnt as weak as you think .
          There are some talents, but none of them are solid boxers. We have some guys who are fearsome punchers with good boxing ability, but not great boxing ability.

Comment

Working...
          X