Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 03-20-2018, 03:42 AM #61
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
maracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant future
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,010,001,066,858.00
First Rate Poster - ironmt Preach on, my friend. - 1bad65 

Probably come down to the individual and/or the first good swing.

When my grandpa was a boy he saw an escaped leopard take the arm off of a very entertaining gorilla like it was nothing. He said it made him cry. Ive also heard that grizzlies are known to behead horses with one swipe

Last edited by maracho; 03-20-2018 at 03:47 AM.
maracho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:38 AM #62
westernchamp

Quoted: 8626 Post(s)
WesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,100,000,100,004,134,912.00
Thnx for the green buddy ;) - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho View Post

When my grandpa was a boy he saw an escaped leopard take the arm off of a very entertaining gorilla like it was nothing. He said it made him cry. Ive also heard that grizzlies are known to behead horses with one swipe
lmao!!! no chance at all.
WesternChamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:24 AM #63
Strong champion.

Quoted: 5435 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,472,615,506,208,793,600.00
Total Points: 150,014,572,621,508,900,814,848.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxox View Post
Alaskan bears are Kodiak's not grizzlies. They are literally the size of polar bears except just 300 lbs lighter, and polar bears and currently the largest land carnivore in the world.

kodiak bears are brown bears, aka grizzly bears! they're extremely similar to inland bears physiologically. the big difference is diet and geographic isolation. they've only been separated from the mainland grizzly population for 10000 years or so. genealogically that is not a long time [basically nothing,] certainly not enough time for a species to divert from the mainland grizzly.

also, polar bears can be as large as 2500 lbs, which is significantly larger than a kodiak bear. the kodiak bear's population hasn't taken the hit that the polar bear's has taken due to glacial and ice recession, so you have more healthy, bigger bears.

the point in talking about the kodiak bear was to make sure that tigerboy, who was cherry picking the largest tiger on the planet to fight grizzly on the small side in the context of the entirety of the population.

sure, a small bear will lose to a giant tiger. probably just run away, really. animals don't fight ot the death like you see in movies. but if you're talking about the biggest tiger on the planet you might as well not cherrypick a grizzly bear that's half the size of a grizzly bear [yes, it's a f3cking grizzly bear] that lives on the kodiak archipelago.

bear class dismissed!
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:26 AM #64
Strong champion.

New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho View Post

this is so wrong
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

adult grizzly bears have as much as ten inches of fat under their skin, and incredibly thick fur. a tiger gonna kill it with one swipe doe.

it's gonna come down to the predator that's 800 lbs bigger than the other predator being 800 lbs bigger than the other predator
Old 03-20-2018, 09:52 AM #65
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4711 Post(s)
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,301,072.08
Total Points: 100,800,900,674,124,384.00
You have some nice nipples there. - Vegemil First Rate Poster - ironmt Use a small dildo you Butthurt pac turd - Robbie Barrett Continually making great posts - ironmt Keep defending the word, Brother! - StarshipTrooper 
Bob Arum dollas... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
kodiak bears are brown bears, aka grizzly bears! they're extremely similar to inland bears physiologically. the big difference is diet and geographic isolation. they've only been separated from the mainland grizzly population for 10000 years or so. genealogically that is not a long time [basically nothing,] certainly not enough time for a species to divert from the mainland grizzly.

also, polar bears can be as large as 2500 lbs, which is significantly larger than a kodiak bear. the kodiak bear's population hasn't taken the hit that the polar bear's has taken due to glacial and ice recession, so you have more healthy, bigger bears.

the point in talking about the kodiak bear was to make sure that tigerboy, who was cherry picking the largest tiger on the planet to fight grizzly on the small side in the context of the entirety of the population.

sure, a small bear will lose to a giant tiger. probably just run away, really. animals don't fight ot the death like you see in movies. but if you're talking about the biggest tiger on the planet you might as well not cherrypick a grizzly bear that's half the size of a grizzly bear [yes, it's a f3cking grizzly bear] that lives on the kodiak archipelago.

bear class dismissed!
But we are talking about the North American Grizzly to which it specifies the geographical range of bears in the central of North America. Of course Alaskan Kodiak's are too big. They will enjoy a 700 lbs advantage, but a Grizzly can only have 150-300.

Last edited by Thraxox; 03-20-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Thraxox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:57 AM #66
Strong champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxox View Post
But we are talking about the North American Grizzly, not the Kodiak.

have you literally not even read the wikipedia on grizzly bears
?

dog i live this life. don't step to me. kodiak bears are north american grizzly bears. you'll literally only have ot get through the first paragraph on the wiki page to learn that. again, don't step to the bear don.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:08 AM #67
westernchamp

Quoted: 8626 Post(s)
WesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond reputeWesternChamp has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,100,000,100,004,134,912.00
Thnx for the green buddy ;) - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
have you literally not even read the wikipedia on grizzly bears
?

dog i live this life. don't step to me. kodiak bears are north american grizzly bears. you'll literally only have ot get through the first paragraph on the wiki page to learn that. again, don't step to the bear don.
kodiak is not a grizz.. they're all consider brown bears but there is a difference between a brown bear, a grizz and a kodiak. kodiaka's are native to alaska.
WesternChamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:49 AM #68
Undisputed Champion

maracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant futuremaracho has a brilliant future

Quote:

bear class dismissed!
Practially all bears can interbreed but Grizzlies are the pit bulls of the bear world

Last edited by maracho; 03-20-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:02 AM #69
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
this is so wrong

adult grizzly bears have as much as ten inches of fat under their skin, and incredibly thick fur. a tiger gonna kill it with one swipe doe.

it's gonna come down to the predator that's 800 lbs bigger than the other predator being 800 lbs bigger than the other predator
But Tigers are a bit more dependant upon killing big game with one mighty sweep where as grizzlies are more omnivore

Last edited by maracho; 03-20-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:26 AM #70
THE DEFECATION TEAM

Quoted: 2931 Post(s)
BoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingFan85 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 97,055,590,316,379,226,505,216.00
Total Points: 147,250,164,916,379,210,219,520.00
cheers bud - Beercules Time to jazz your profile up. Get a damn avatar too man something sick as fück - Scott. Weiland No Message - Scott. Weiland Cheers to good boxing discussion! - j0zef Yes sir! - anthonydavid11 
Cheers!!  And, thanks. - Redd Foxx I couldn't green you back so here's a beer.  BTW thanks for ruining my thread LOL. - -Freddy- war cp freshmart - Mike D You da man! - .:: JSFD26 ::. war b-fan85 - Mike D 
You'll get your points homes - ScottWeiland Pizza dude's got thirty seconds. - 1hourRun cheers - Beercules Thank you sir. Very interesting responses, too. - anthonydavid11 Thanks for representing, brother. - anthonydavid11 
You're a solid dude. Have a pixelated e-brew on me. - P.K Dionysus 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Scott. Weiland Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Scott. Weiland 

NE.. kodiak, ussuri, grizzly are all brown bears if you know about bears then you'll know that for sure.. they are a different sub species because of the minor physiological changes it underwent over the years to adapt to its food source, environment etc..
It's like comparing African Savanna and Forest(Kenyan) elephants.. Savanna elephants are bigger and has different dietary requirements..
Kodiak's are the biggest of brown bears and North American(Grizzly) are their smaller cousins..
BoxingFan85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
american, bear, grizzly, north, siberian, tiger

User Tag List