Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No More Delays: All-Star Boxing Gets Day in Court Versus Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: No More Delays: All-Star Boxing Gets Day in Court Versus Canelo

Whatever talks still exist (if any at all) between Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin will have to take a back seat for another battle involving the red-headed boxing superstar from Mexico, one that’s been five years in the making.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Alright nsb lawyers,does all stars case hold any water?

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      Not sure but they really feel it does because so far they've refused to settle and they've been waiting on a trial date since 2011 and refused every settlement attempt. It sounds like not only do they want money for his fights but they also want him back under their outfit.

Comment

Yes, it does.

Comment

It's hard to say. The article only says Alvarez was under a 4 year contract. If that is the case, Alvarez needs to bring compelling proof to be released from the contract. It looks bad for Alvarez in my opinion for not seeking legal remedy to have the contract dissolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            but they also want him back under their outfit.
            Has any boxer ever been given back to a promoter after such a long period of time (5yrs in this case)? I feel like just because of the limited career of a pro athlete + the moves that can be made in 5 years its unlikely that ASB would be able to get Canelo back. But obviously my NSB law degree is lacking so idk if thats a legit thing.

I did recently see Quinton Jackson sign with the UFC off of a allegedly contract issue that made him a free agent only to be given back to Bellator after 1 UFC fight when it wasn't proven to be an issue that made him a free agent. But the timeline for that was way less. In this scenario Canelo has been made into the biggest name in boxing (& currently the most LOL'd name in boxing) & without GBP he isn't in that spot (on both accounts is my assumption)

Comment

Does anyone even know the details of this situation? I just keep seeing the most basic of details concerning this. Usually the timeline & length of contract.

My assumption is there has gotta be something legit here for ASB to be going so hard on this for so long, but the fact there hasn't been more serious attempts at disputing who has the promotional rights to Canelo (in particular when he fought Floyd or Cotto) it can't be that legit of a thing ASB is working off of.

Sincerely
              Eff Pandas, Esq
              NSB University, 2016, Graduated Cums Loudly

Comment

he brings a lot of money, why wouldnt they fight for him

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Has any boxer ever been given back to a promoter after such a long period of time (5yrs in this case)? I feel like just because of the limited career of a pro athlete + the moves that can be made in 5 years its unlikely that ASB would be able to get Canelo back. But obviously my NSB law degree is lacking so idk if thats a legit thing.

I did recently see Quinton Jackson sign with the UFC off of a allegedly contract issue that made him a free agent only to be given back to Bellator after 1 UFC fight when it wasn't proven to be an issue that made him a free agent. But the timeline for that was way less. In this scenario Canelo has been made into the biggest name in boxing (& currently the most LOL'd name in boxing) & without GBP he isn't in that spot (on both accounts is my assumption)
                  I can't recall a single case. But I think Golden Boy and Cenelo should've used this trial as an excuse to vacate the title. It seems like a big deal because of ASB refusal to settle and continue on after 5 years. But other than here I haven't heard anything else about it. Paul Gift and Jason Cruz are usually on top of MMA and Boxing related legal news. I haven't seen them covering this one at all. Maybe it isn't a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Not sure but they really feel it does because so far they've refused to settle and they've been waiting on a trial date since 2011 and refused every settlement attempt. It sounds like not only do they want money for his fights but they also want him back under their outfit.
                    Not only that but it sounds like they want money from ALL his fights since then??? Which is INSANE. They could not predict his success and to take credit for it is beyond stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X