Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Joseph Parker's Power is Overrated, I'd Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte: Joseph Parker's Power is Overrated, I'd Knock Him Out!

Boxer Joseph Parker's points victory over Carlos Takam has left one leading contender distinctly underwhelmed and clamouring for a shot at the New Zealander.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Parkers folks should give it a shot after a few more fights against mid contenders.

Parker has a decent chin or otherwise he would've gotten KO'd in rounds 2 and 3 with the way Takam was landing with authority.

He still needs to work on his footwork,gauging his stamina,and when to takeover a fight. He'll learn but I think Whyte can knock him out within 4 if the fought right now. A hopefully improve Parker in about 1 or 2 years can win a comfortable decision based on his current skill set if matches what he can improve onto be.

Comment

It would be an interesting matchup if this fight ever happens. Whyte can punch alright but can he keep his cool and work behind his jab for 12 rounds appears to be seen..

Comment

lol Parker would give Whyte the D

Whyte is terrible and C level at best, he's not half the fighter Takam is...

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing that fight actually.

Comment

He has a point, but wether he's good enough to beat Parker is another thing
            Im a kiwi but I've never rated Parker's power at contender level, he's solid but no Tua on that front
            Joe is courageous and seems to have a decent chin but IMO he needs an elite trainer to give him some subtlety , his quick hands aren't enough, he also lacks reach for his height, but Kevin Barry has done a great job to date and should prob stay on but I think they need to try and get a Freddie Roach (unlikely) etc to open his eyes.
            Kevin Barry a tough guy but I'm not sure he has the skill to get Joseph further , Parker is not a long Joshua/Wilder/Lewis boxer, he's more like a taller Povetkin and needs to be skilled the same.

With regard to Joshua, might as well cash in now and rise again , hope it's a clean KO rather than extended beating, otherwise he risks losing his #1 contender slot he's barely a top 10 HW
            currently
            At the mo he's sub prime Chris Arreola

Courageous though , he did well to manage the rounds but he desperately needs to be upskilled
            Last edited by Flabble Scrote; 05-22-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

This should be a good fight.

Comment

All of a sudden whyte went from being in the shadows b/c Aj destroyed him to now being a match for Parker,when half the posters here said Parker would beat AJ? Lets be real here....parker is the better fighter than Whyte, its the way Aj beat Whyte that made Whyte look outmatched and AJ was not on his game that made that fight go 7 rounds.

It would be competitive but have to think parker out points Whyte in 10/12 rounds right now. Whyte hasn't shown that refinement ,both guys are somewhat raw but Parker now has the edge in gritty fights. Aj is not a good measuring stick bc hes much more talent in all so most will look bad ,I don't know why many believe that whyte going 7 rounds is an indication of where hes at?. Whyte could win ,but would he? Not if the fight took place next.

Parker is top 10 and whyte is just about missing it,with more proven guys. Going 7 with AJ is certainly impressive but boxing is about progression...I would have Aj by rnd 3 k.o if they fought again. I would give Parker an 70 % chance over whyte
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-22-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah that's what he said about Joshua, NEXT !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    All of a sudden whyte went from being in the shadows b/c Aj destroyed him to now being a match for Parker,when half the posters here said Parker would beat AJ? Lets be real here....parker is the better fighter than Whyte, its the way Aj beat Whyte that made Whyte look outmatched and AJ was not on his game that made that fight go 7 rounds.

It would be competitive but have to think parker out points Whyte in 10/12 rounds right now. Whyte hasn't shown that refinement ,both guys are somewhat raw but Parker now has the edge in gritty fights. Aj is not a good measuring stick bc hes much more talent in all so most will look bad ,I don't know why many believe that whyte going 7 rounds is an indication of where hes at?. Whyte could win ,but would he? Not if the fight took place next.

Parker is top 10 and whyte is just about missing it,with more proven guys. Going 7 with AJ is certainly impressive but boxing is about progression...I would have Aj by rnd 3 k.o if they fought again. I would give Parker an 70 % chance over whyte
                    Whyte got in AJ's head which lead to him needing that second wind after taking a few shots but more importantly rushing and throwing a lot.

However Whyte isn't very good at all. Maybe his shoulder injury didn't help but he looks so stiff on pads.

Comment

Working...
                    X