Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Dominant Performance, Jones Vs Pazienza or Mayweather vs Gatti?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Dominant Performance, Jones Vs Pazienza or Mayweather vs Gatti?

I was rewatching Mayweather vs Gatti last night and during the commentary Roy Jones exclaimed that the fight resembled his own against Pazienza so I went back and watched that fight after not having seen it in years. I almost forgot how fast Roy was. Which do you think was the more dominating performance?

Or

Mayweather over Gatti
    57.14%
    Jones over Pazienza
    42.86%

Jones. Floyd punches too softly. Obviously Pazienza had to be on drugs to take the punishment he took and still want to fight.

You go home after a fight like that, losing every or just about every round, probably some fractured ribs, broken nose, brain hemorrhaging etc

Ouch.
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-01-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

They were both equally outgunned but vin was at a huge size disadvantage, as well. So what Floyd did was more impressive. It was also a more humiliating beating.

Comment

Man, Both of these were mismatches though, extreme mismatches. Floyd went up in weight against Gatti while Roy was fighting a guy who first started at 130 pounds.

Floyd had the better performance against Gatti, Roys fight was a side show against a shot, blown up past prime roided up Paz.

Paz was clearly on steroids lol, that dudes body grew bloated like a WWE wrestler used to be a 130 pounder.

The only difference in this is that Paz put up a better fight than Gatti who tried to out box the boxer.

I wouldn't call Roys win impressive at all, dominant yes, but look at his opponent he should have won he had all the advantages over Paz.

Both guys were favored to win easy, but Floyd made less mistakes than Roy and surgically broke his mismatched opponent down.

Comment

Jones vs pazienza

Pazienza is a better fighter then gatti ever was. gatti was a carefully calculated matchmaking. Used for his name for a ppv.
          Gatti was already through wars and beat down by other fighters like oscar.

Nobody ever did that to pazienza.roy taunted him while beating him. If roy had to ever fight floyd being the same size , he would have embarrassed floyd.

Floyd was the naturally bigger fighter vs gatti.Reach height .
          Last edited by Jc8804; 11-01-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Jones/Paz

Floyd stings like a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              Jones vs pazienza

Pazienza is a better fighter then gatti ever was. gatti was a carefully calculated matchmaking. Used for his name for a ppv.
              Gatti was already through wars and beat down by other fighters like oscar.

Nobody ever did that to pazienza.roy taunted him while beating him. If roy had to ever fight floyd being the same size , he would have embarrassed floyd.

Floyd was the naturally bigger fighter vs gatti.Reach height .
              And Jones wasn't? I don't think I've ever seen you post anything that was actually correct.

On topic, Floyd. Vinny made it slightly uncomfortable in the 1st. Gatti didn't have a single moment.

Comment

Gatti may have been the better opponent at that time but I think the decisive finale in Jones-Pazienza edges it for Jones. That last combo was just brutal.

Comment

Jones brutally stopped vinny and jones was still a pupvs vinny.

Floyd was further along in his career at that point.

Its definately jones. Now lets see spence step up and do that to devon or ghost

Comment

Both fights were equally lopsided. But Mayweather moved up in weight to fight Gatti while Roy was fighting a former 130 lb champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X