Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you throw a rear right hook text book?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you throw a rear right hook text book?

Its useful against southpaws, with a slip over the top, and holyfield seems to make good use of it up close, I havnt bothered to learn it until now because everyone says its such a useless risky punch to use.

Just want to know...

1 Do I rotate my shoulders all the way around till im almost in the opposite stance? (also do I do this for a straight right as well or stop square on?)

2 Do I rotate my rear foot till it is pointing straight fowards like with a straight right or do I turn it all the way in as far as it will turn?

3 Will my shoulders naturally turn all the way around if my hips turn all the way or do I have to slightly asist their movement with my upper body? (Im whipping my torso not turning my whole body in one go)

"rear right hook"? What the hell is a rear right hook? You can't make up your own terminology and expect people to understand you!

Is this a conventional stance (righthander) throwing a righ hand over the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      "rear right hook"? What the hell is a rear right hook? You can't make up your own terminology and expect people to understand you!

Is this a conventional stance (righthander) throwing a righ hand over the top?

Yes right hook from an orthadox stance.

Comment

Alexkid, how come in some posts you come off as you're just learning from the very beginning and other posts you come off as you already know what you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
          Alexkid, how come in some posts you come off as you're just learning from the very beginning and other posts you come off as you already know what you're talking about?
          Im learning in a haphazard way.

Comment

No need to answer this any more I figured it out myself, my hip rotation wasnt very full it was only partial, once you get the hips right everything happens easily.

Comment

i thought you were a southpaw

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                i thought you were a southpaw
                I am its just easier to ask as if im an orthadox most of the time. You wouldnt understand righty!

Or maybe you are a southpaw?
                Last edited by AlexKid; 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  I am its just easier to ask as if im an orthadox most of the time. You wouldnt understand righty!

Or maybe you are a southpaw?
                  Im orthadox but i write with my left hand

Comment

Working...
                  X