No announcement yet.

Gary Russell Jr. not impressed by Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    It's easy not to be impressed with him. Look who he's fighting, for starters. Judah looked much better than Russel at this stage of his career and against some stiff competition too. Look how that ended up.

It just so happens, we realize how much of a difference it makes when you fight someone with a pulse. Granted Broner has improved greatly since then, but he struggled and arguably lost 2 fights against men with not necessarily great posts, but consistent ones. It all makes the difference. Until Russel does that, it's hard to be impressed. You can see the potential, but it's not being used against anyone worth bragging about.
    Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    He just beat the#1 lightweight in the world with ease and KOed him yet Russell is not impressed. Gary should fight the #1 guy in his weight class and see if it is all that easy. Russell is a very good fighter but he is not even in the top 10 in his own weight class and Broner is now a two weight class world champion. Gary has some catching up to do.
    I'm with you guys. Russell Jr. has some serious talent and skills, but let's see what he's got against a live opponent. I saw what Broner's got against DeMarco and I'm convinced.

Talk is cheap, Gary. Saying you're "not impressed" is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I'm with you guys. Russell Jr. has some serious talent and skills, but let's see what he's got against a live opponent. I saw what Broner's got against DeMarco and I'm convinced.

Talk is cheap, Gary. Saying you're "not impressed" is laughable.
      Funny how Broner and Russell were co-featured many times and not once has Russell Jr mentioned Broner's name until NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
        Funny how Broner and Russell were co-featured many times and not once has Russell Jr mentioned Broner's name until NOW.
        Broner is waaay ahead of Russell now. The kid's being left in the dust. Gary is impressive, but it's that time: he needs to step up...fast.

Comment

I saw both fighters together for the first time, but since that time Broner has left Russell by the side and am sure that hurts, And I don't believe Ponce ducked him... There is alway two sides to a story.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Broner is waaay ahead of Russell now. The kid's being left in the dust. Gary is impressive, but it's that time: he needs to step up...fast.
            I agree, Russell has fell behind. Needs to fight stiffer opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I saw both fighters together for the first time, but since that time Broner has left Russell by the side and am sure that hurts, And I don't believe Ponce ducked him... There is alway two sides to a story.
              I don't know if Ponce is ducking Russell, but one can easily be convinced that Danny doesn't want any part of an ultra-quick-fisted fighter like Gary. Did you see him against Gamboa? It was a shutout. Yuri made Ponce look like he was standing still. They're not the same type of fighters, but Russell Jr. has even faster hands than Gamboa. I'm sure that fact isn't lost on Dan. His head probably spins at the thought of eating unseen leather again.

Comment

Ponce wouldn't be ducking Russell because why does he have to fight Russell, it would be kind of a silly fight for him to take.

Russel could make Ponce look like garbage which wouldn't be good for Ponce's career or if Ponce pounds Russell well you can see it in this thread Russell hasn't proven anything so what credit would Ponce get. It is not like Ponce is some big draw but he can earn well enough, and it is not like Russell would really make him any extra bread.

Russell just needs to keep beating people up get his ranking up and force the issue with whatever champion he wants~ no one is going to want to fight Russell just because. After he makes some kind of name for himself it might be a different story although maybe not then at least people saying dudes are ducking him would have some merit.

Comment

Gary Russel Junior is a fuking oompa loompa man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
                    Gary Russel Junior is a fuking oompa loompa man.

lol he looks like a midget

Comment

Working...
                    X