Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question..How the hell is Floyd still the WBC champ at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
    I do, and you mentioned the Martinez being stripped but Floyd wasnt so therfore the points are valid. How else can he old onto a title for over a year without facing a mandatory.
    Yes, I get your point but that's not really relevant to his supposed cherry picking. He won his titles legitimately off the main guys. He got his 154 title from the guy arguably considered the top guy at 154 now in Cotto. He won his title from the guy who took it from the guy so it's not a BS cherry pick there.

He won his 147 title from Mosley and that was definitely not a cherry pick either. Mosley was undeniably the top guy at 147 having just dethroned the practically unified top champ, though theoretically only a single title holder, Margarito having dropped the IBF title he had just won in his previous fight to fight Cotto.

Both titles were good, highly legitimate wins against top guys. Definitely no cherry picks. Now, I realise that his WBC title was from Ortiz, but he won it convincingly against Berto so....it's not the cherry picking question that is in question but the legitimacy of one fighter being allowed to hold a belt from a corrupt organisation for over twelve months, while another champion gets stripped within one month by the same organisation.

They say that Geale was stripped, within only one month of winning it i must add, for not facing his mandatory and taking a volunatry title fight against Mundine for much bigger money instead, yet Floyd takes nearly a year off, no mention of his mandatory within that time at all, then moves out of the division to fight for another sanctioning body title altogether in a big money fight, and disappears again and yet even after a full year passing with no mention of any future fight organised and him holding another bodies title at a different weight in which its probable he will stay, they still let him hold it with no mention of having to fight his mandatory or be stripped. It's a ****ing disgrace. These people who run these despicably corrupt organisations need to be put down.
    Last edited by BennyST; 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Don Jose wants a cut of the Pacman-Mayweather fight if it should ever take place..

Comment

Remember Cleverly's defence of his title in America last weekend and the WBO came out and said if it wasn't a ranked opponent, he couldn't defend. Well, conveniently, Hawk entered the WBO's top 15 replacing an opponent he had previously lost to.

Boxing is full of politics.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Yes, I get your point but that's not really relevant to his supposed cherry picking. He won his titles legitimately off the main guys. He got his 154 title from the guy arguably considered the top guy at 154 now in Cotto. He won his title from the guy who took it from the guy so it's not a BS cherry pick there.

He won his 147 title from Mosley and that was definitely not a cherry pick either. Mosley was undeniably the top guy at 147 having just dethroned the practically unified top champ, though theoretically only a single title holder, Margarito having dropped the IBF title he had just won in his previous fight to fight Cotto.

Both titles were good, highly legitimate wins against top guys. Definitely no cherry picks. Now, I realise that his WBC title was from Ortiz, but he won it convincingly against Berto so....it's not the cherry picking question that is in question but the legitimacy of one fighter being allowed to hold a belt from a corrupt organisation for over twelve months, while another champion gets stripped within one month by the same organisation.

They say that Geale was stripped, within only one month of winning it i must add, for not facing his mandatory and taking a volunatry title fight against Mundine for much bigger money instead, yet Floyd takes nearly a year off, no mention of his mandatory within that time at all, then moves out of the division to fight for another sanctioning body title altogether in a big money fight, and disappears again and yet even after a full year passing with no mention of any future fight organised and him holding another bodies title at a different weight in which its probable he will stay, they still let him hold it with no mention of having to fight his mandatory or be stripped. It's a ****ing disgrace. These people who run these despicably corrupt organisations need to be put down.
          no he won his title at 147 from Ortiz..he did not pay the sanctioning fee for the WBA title at 147 with Mosley

Comment

They will be hoping when he comes back its too 147 and so they can get a cut off that big fat paycheck.I mean 2-3 % off Floyds is better then say someone like a Zaveck who wouldn't make much

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
              no he won his title at 147 from Ortiz..he did not pay the sanctioning fee for the WBA title at 147 with Mosley

Yes, I know, read the post properly. The Mosely fight was still for the true recognised 147 championship even if no pissy title was at stake. Better than nothing, or some useles WBC, WBA thing. This was in regards to him supposedly cherry picking his title fights.

The Ortiz thing is what he still holds now, despite the ridiculous time with no mention of mandatory and him moving out of the division to fight for the WBA title.
              Last edited by BennyST; 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Thats what these interm belts are for. The alphabelt organizations are still gonna take their cut. The WBC will be getting a piece of Berto/Guerrero too. The WBA has their world champ and their super champion. They will have a piece of Cotto/Trout because Trout is the world champ. And with Floyd being the super champ they will be praying for Cotto/Mayweather two.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                  He won the belt Sept 2011 and has not defended it in 14 months and has not announced any intention to fight and even won another title at 154.Reason ask is because i remember when Martinez beat Pavlik they immediately told him to drop one of the belts and ended up stripping him on his 154 and 160 WBC titles.
                  You must have mistaken boxing for a real sport...

Comment

Mayweather is still mayweather the single boxer outside of Pacqauio who can pretty much get the red carpet treatment.

Comment

I am glad you asked. I have been saying the same thing myself. The answer in my opinion is he should be stripped of the tittle unless he immediately states his intention to fight the Berto-Guerrero winner to defend his WBC welterweight tittle. The WBC gives him special treatment because he is boxing's biggest star and they like him being their champion. That's wrong of course. The same rules should apply to all boxers. Also if he does fight the Berto-Guerrero winner he should give up the 154 pound WBA tittle he won from Cotto. A fighter that fights only once a year has no right to hang on to two tittles in different weight classes because he will only defend them once every two years.

Comment

Working...
                      X