Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current JMM DESTROYS any version on Hatton!! Agree??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I don't know about destroys, because Hatton could rough Marquez up the same way lesser fighters like Katsidis and Diaz did, but I'd pick Marquez by decision in a GREAT fight. Definite FOTY type stuff if those two could have ever gotten in a ring.
    Absolutely. This was a fight I wanted to see back in late 09.

Remember when Hatton said he wanted 1 more fight against a Top fighter and win or lose go out as a gladiator?

I think Marquez should have been that guy. I remember Marquez was being talked about aswell.

I think this would be the kind of fight where the bring the best out of each other. At 140, Marquez wouldn't knock Hatton out early, so no worry of an embarrasing knock out. Marquez would certainly land clean shots but Hatton would find a way inside and land bombs to the body and head, and Marquez would give right back.

To me, this match and style clash has War written all over it. I would have loved to have seen it.

I'd go with Marquez by SD.

Comment

marquez would win a ud.hatton would take the first few rounds but then get wore down.he has absolutly no defence

Comment

Marquez would UD him but it would be a tough fight, as people have said just watch the Juan Diaz fight and you get an idea of how it would run.

Comment

I don't think either man would be in for an easy night in this fight.

Comment

Hatton barely got past Juan Lazcano and had to be saved by the ref and I doubt Lazcano has the punching power that JMM has. Dinamita ass rapes him.

Comment

I know one thing, it would of been a great fight.

I think Marquez destroying Hatton isn't very realistic outcome either.

Hatton's swarmer style would of caused Marquez alot of problems like Juan Diaz's style did in their first fight.

I think Marquez would edge a decision win with his cleaner more accurate shots and better boxing.

He may of stopped Hatton down the stretch.

Hatton is very underrated.

Comment

ehh im not sure. . . hatton has a style that isn't as easy to beat as you think. . . marquez proved he could fight on the inside against katsidis, but hatton is a different animal. . .

he is very underrated simply because of the way he exited the game against pac. . .

id pick marquez to win, but i definitely wouldn't say he destroys him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Absolutely. This was a fight I wanted to see back in late 09.

Remember when Hatton said he wanted 1 more fight against a Top fighter and win or lose go out as a gladiator?

I think Marquez should have been that guy. I remember Marquez was being talked about aswell.

I think this would be the kind of fight where the bring the best out of each other. At 140, Marquez wouldn't knock Hatton out early, so no worry of an embarrasing knock out. Marquez would certainly land clean shots but Hatton would find a way inside and land bombs to the body and head, and Marquez would give right back.

To me, this match and style clash has War written all over it. I would have loved to have seen it.

I'd go with Marquez by SD.
                  That would have been great. There shouldn't be any doubt about this fight going the distance and being one hell of a war. Marquez's counter punching is too good for Hatton to dominate, and Hatton's strength, size, and ability to bully his opponents was too good for Marquez to dominate. Both guys take a lot of damage, that much is certain.

Comment

Im not so sure about that. Just because Marquez gave Pacquiao hell recently doesnt mean hes this unbeatable monster.

Dont forget about how much Marquez struggled against Diaz(1st fight) and Katsidis, and Hatton is substantially stronger, more assertive, and hits harder than both.

Prime Hatton that beat Tyszu I would favor over (current) Marquez.

styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      That would have been great. There shouldn't be any doubt about this fight going the distance and being one hell of a war. Marquez's counter punching is too good for Hatton to dominate, and Hatton's strength, size, and ability to bully his opponents was too good for Marquez to dominate. Both guys take a lot of damage, that much is certain.
                      Which is why I would favor Hatton but it would have been one hell of a fight. Hell, if Hatton came back to 147 and had a tune up and looked good, I would still want to see it.

Hatton coming back from retirement while JMM would be turning nearly 40. Both having some sort of advantage over the other. Of course nobody would favor Hatton at this point but STILL as a fan of the sport I think it would be worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                      X