Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How likely can Pac-JMM 3 break 1Mil PPVs? If it doesnt will it force PBF-Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How likely can Pac-JMM 3 break 1Mil PPVs? If it doesnt will it force PBF-Pac?

Pacquiao-Mosley didnt do a million PPVs and Mosley is more known than Marquez. With the recent PPV's in boxing like Mayweather-Ortiz and Hopkins-Dawson leaving fans pissed off, do you see fans shelling out another $60 for Pacquiao-Marquez? Both fighters are foreign fighters and Marquez's biggest PPV was vs Mayweather.

UFC is giving a free card on FOX that same night.

If this fight doesnt break a million PPVs will this force Arum to finally want to make the fight since it would be obvious (especially after the Mosley-Pac fight didnt do a million), that fans are no longer interested in Pacquiao fighting anyone but Mayweather?

How likely is it that Pacquiao-Marquez III breaks a million PPV's?

I definitely think it'll do more then 1 million. I'd say somewhere around 1.2.

The numbers won't be official until June 2012 though, to fool the IRS.

Pac-Floyd will never happen.

Comment

If Pacquiao/Marquez III had Canelo Alvarez and Eric Morales in the undercard, it would easily generate 2 million PPV buys even if it is not fought during a major Mexican holiday.

Comment

It would probably do more than Ortiz-Mayweather. UFC's card is not on the same timeslot so there;s no conflict. Pac is bigger than Floyd in terms of popularity and he's fighting his rival, his true nemesis, Marquez who's bigger than Ortiz.

Comment

I'm pretty sure undercard fights doesn't do much for PPV sales...

Comment

700k tops. Marquez couldn't even sell his rematch with Diaz, after the first was FOTY.

If it does break 1 mil, i'd consider it a huge success.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
              700k tops. Marquez couldn't even sell his rematch with Diaz, after the first was FOTY.

If it does break 1 mil, i'd consider it a huge success.
              I think it has something to do with Diaz coming off a loss to Malignaggi. Actually both of them were.
              Last edited by Artician; 10-31-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I would be shocked if this fight doesn't do at least 1 mill. Face it whether you like Manny or hate him the man can do 1 mill ppv buys.

Comment

Originally posted by Artician View Post
                  It would probably do more than Ortiz-Mayweather. UFC's card is not on the same timeslot so there;s no conflict. Pac is bigger than Floyd in terms of popularity and he's fighting his rival, his true nemesis, Marquez who's bigger than Ortiz.
                  UFC fight comes on 9et/6pst...Pac-JMM PPv starts @the same time

and how is Pac bigger than Floyd in popularity when he doesnt sell more PPVs?

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHT HYPE View Post
                    If Pacquiao/Marquez III had Canelo Alvarez and Eric Morales in the undercard, it would easily generate 2 million PPV buys even if it is not fought during a major Mexican holiday.
                    Keep dreaming buster

Comment

Working...
                    X