Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Eminem was black would he even matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Eminem was black would he even matter?

I think Eminem only sells because he a rapper.

There has to be a little more to it than that otherwise other white rappers would have similar success which they don't.

Comment

If he was black his subject matter would be different and everyone would be calling him the lyrical g.o.a.t.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Rellik View Post
        If he was black his subject matter would be different and everyone would be calling him the lyrical g.o.a.t.
        there you go, OR he would just be another Great Black MC UNKNOWN to the world which is more likely

Comment

Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
          there you go, OR he would just be another Great Black MC UNKNOWN to the world which is more likely
          Dr,Dre thought he was black before they met. So he would still have been signed to Aftermath but it is possible that he wouldn't be as popular with white people although, LiL Wayne has already proven that a black rapper can have a white majority fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
            I think you have a point. I have just returned to the UK from the West Indies and while I was out there listening to music I was shocked when it became obvious at how many white stars like Sting etc were usurping black unknown artists work and influence.

Comment

He'd be famous no matter what color he was.

Comment

If Obama was white, would he be the president?

Comment

Originally posted by Unlce Cam View Post
                  I think Eminem only sells because he a rapper.
                  if Eminem was black, you and EVERYONE else would be calling him the greatest rapper of all-time. right now only white people are praising him, but if he was black, the blacks AND whites would be praising him.

Comment

eminem is one of the best ever....
                    his lyrics are so complex....
                    and he has a good flow....
                    if you cant see that youre just a hater...
                    i can only see 4 others 2pac nas rakim big pun being ranked higher....

Comment

Working...
                    X