Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killzone 2 Beta gameplay.. Wow... Call of Duty killer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many ppl can go online???

Comment

Originally posted by Sttuddahboy619 View Post
      Can't wait for this game.I've been waiting for this since they release that "infamous" trailer back in E3 '05!
      I remember in 05 people were laughing and calling bull**** saying that couldn't possibly be game play footage and the creators were like no really it is. Made a lot of people eat some crow for sure.

Originally posted by Sttuddahboy619 View Post
      How many ppl can go online???
      32 i think.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
        Just like killzone1 was ament to be halo killer. lmao.
        only difference is,number 1 was rushed so it could compete with Halo 2,this one has been in production for nearly 4 years and theres a HUGE difference,every single review so far has gave it praise

And Sox8055,they have already announced that shortly after release,there will be a patch for vehicals and 4 player co-op

Comment

This game will have what all games are missing, and im pretty sure they will keep this game up to date with updates.

Comment

Rushed? Is that seriously the excuse the developers came up with? The practically started development in 1999 after wowing Sony with their “Oil Rig” tech demo in late 1998 (and that Geatway tech demo), back when they went by the name of Lost Boys. Seriously, Sony gave them full access to their first party software tools and pumped millions into the game and the best they can come up with is “we didn’t have enough time”. Jeez.

I enjoyed the first Killzone, I really did despite the repetitiveness, sketchy controls and annoying vocals, the visuals were great for a PS2 title. And I think this will be no different. All guerrilla are are technical video geniuses, there by no means good game developers. I hope I’m wrong and hope they pull a Halo 3 out of their asses (Multiplayerat least), like I say, I really want this game to be great.

Sony need it to be after reported downing $40 Million on the project, they need sales of about 1.4 million. I don’t think the last Killzone did that kind of number and that hand an install base of 70 million unlike the PS3 which has 16 million. And with Resistance only selling 300,000 in it’s first two weeks (US of course, doesn't come out in Eu for another couple weeks i think, HA, unlucky bastards), signs look bad for Sony. This game could easily become the next Shenmue in terms of epic business disaster…

And, the video does look great, I’ll admit as much, the visuals as expected, are stunning…

Comment

Visuals - Brilliant
              Gameplay - Average

I guarantee you.

Comment

It will fail.

Comment

Originally posted by bishop2006 View Post
                  only difference is,number 1 was rushed so it could compete with Halo 2,this one has been in production for nearly 4 years and theres a HUGE difference,every single review so far has gave it praise

And Sox8055,they have already announced that shortly after release,there will be a patch for vehicals and 4 player co-op

You made my day

Comment

Killzone 2 will be irrelevant in the light of the Shooters that have come out already, just as the original Killzone was.

Think about it, the game is flaunting it's graphics already. I promise you that this game's graphics capabilities will be absolutely garbage in comparison with Crysis. The PS3 could not max a game like Crysis, now how does that make the game look to the community in the graphics aspect of gaming? Makes me LOL every time I see a Killzone 2 "VISUAL MASTERPIECE" ad before I log on Crysis or Warhammer. It's just ridiculous.

Now barring graphics, I've never played a game just because it's graphics were sub-par. The game play/story. There is absolutely NO way to compete with the Gears of War story line at the moment and if you can't admit that, you're a fanboy. I love Solid Snake, I love the Wii, I love Final Fantasy, I love Japhappy RPG's that the made the original Playstation famous, but there is absolutely NO way to compete with the leviathan that is Gears of War right now. And if Halo carries through with the prequel and RTS, or even officially announces the prequel, Killzone 2 will be forgotten outside of the 100 people that will still play it online.

Sorry guys, it's the harsh reality of this business.

Comment

The gameplay doesn't seem like a COD killer from what I've seen. The graphics are awesome though but gameplay is what makes a game IMHO. Halo great graphics and awesome innovative tools, saved ingame video's and video sharing. However the gameplay wasn't really doing it for me.

But I really hope your right.

Comment

Working...
                      X