Mexico vs Puerto Rico... The Significant Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    Dude shut the hell up.

I watched Cotto get stopped by Margarito, Trinidad get completely out boxed by Winky, Diaz beat up Cotto's little Brother, DLH stop Camacho, and Corrales rip on Manfredy in the same day.

Deal with it.

Quit the PuertoRicanism.
    Calderon quit vs Segura and Tito totally outclassed by Oscar...

Comment

Dude shut the hell up.

I watched Cotto get stopped by Margarito, Trinidad get completely out boxed by Winky, Diaz beat up Cotto's little Brother, DLH stop Camacho, and Corrales rip on Manfredy in the same day.

Deal with it.

Quit the PuertoRicanism.
      I watched Manny destory Mexican boxing single handed and I've seen a few Mexi's quit on their stool, maybe you should uh, check into that

Comment

Dude shut the hell up.

Deal with it.

Quit the PuertoRicanism.
        Funny you don't say **** about the ****** that starts the ****.

First off Cotto's doesn't have a younger brother and DLH never stopped Camacho.

What's funny to me is that you ******s call people out on nationalism when mexicans are by far the most nationalistic. I don't give a **** about this but when people push I'm going to push back, so deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
          Funny you don't say **** about the ****** that starts the ****.

First off Cotto's doesn't have a younger brother and DLH never stopped Camacho.

What's funny to me is that you ******s call people out on nationalism when mexicans are by far the most nationalistic. I don't give a **** about this but when people push I'm going to push back, so deal with it.
          Jose Cotto sucks to the extent that he should be Miguels younger brother. And the only reason Camacho didn't get stopped is cuz he ran like a little... well you know, same thing Cotto and Calderon did in their biggest fights against Aztec Warriors.

Comment

• Camacho(past his prime) lost to Chavez, but knocked out Bazooka Limon and schooled Jose Luis Ramirez. I think it evens out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
              Camacho(past his prime) lost to Chavez, but knocked out Bazooka Limon and schooled Jose Luis Ramirez. I think it evens out.
              Bottom line: NO Puerto Rican EVER wants to be born Mexican. ****, I'd rather be Hector or Tito any day than to be a whiny ***** excuse making "warrior" with a shoulder injury.

And the Tito vs Oscar fight I saw had one guy running like a nervous rabbit for the last 4 rounds. Looked outright ridiculous.

How are we pretending Oscar did not wear fishnets?

How are we pretending Vargas did not use Steroids?

How are we pretending Margarito did not use Plaster wraps??

How are we Pretending that Chavez did not get knocked the **** out by Tzu and humiliated by Randall?? Spare a loss by Richard Steele against Taylor?

Come on now Kids...

Comment

• Originally posted by M@nny View Post
                This fight does not get added to the list of significant fights based on the circumstances... The injury taints this victory.
                I don't think many people know me here, but I think I can safely say I'm one of the more objective posters on this site, despite what my username says.

I don't carry any hostility with anybody whatsoever and take things with a grain of salt. I love talking with all of you, and I can laugh at the "Puerto Ricans taking knees" jokes and whatever, I love boxingscene...what can I say?

But, Manny...that is dumb. Márquez opted to go ahead with the fight despite his injury. He knew this could happen. It happened, he took the risk, he gambled, he lost.

Ask yourself this (and be objective). Had López pulled out after the eighth, would you be saying: "This fight does not get added to the list of significant fights based on the circumstances... The injury taints this victory."

I don't think so. No way. But hey, its' your list. Whatever...

Comment

• Here goes your answer.....

Puerto Rican Wins

* Ortiz-Ramos 1
                  o WBC declared title vacant pending a rematch, asserting that Conn was favoring Ortiz, giving him the benefit of a long count in the 2d and improperly stopping the match in the 5th round because of a cut to Ramos in the first fight the controversy caused a riot where the ring was torn down, guns were fired and Ortiz had to leave the ring with a bucket over his head.
                  * Ortiz-Ramos 2
                  o In the rematch he stopped Ramos in the 4th round.
                  * Benítez-Palomino
                  o Benitez wins the world Welterweight title with a 15th round split decision. Scorecards 142-145, 146-143, 146-142.
                  * Camacho-Limón
                  o Camacho conquers the world Jr. Lightweight title with a 5th round knockout.
                  * Camacho-Ramírez
                  o Camacho conquers the world Lightweight title with a 12 round decision. Scorecards 118-111, 119-109, 119-112.
                  * De La Hoya-Trinidad
                  o Trinidad defeats De La Hoya via majority decision. Scorecards 115–113, 115–114, 114–114.
                  * Escobar-Casanova
                  o Escobar becomes the first Puerto Rican world champion, winning the world Bantamweight title over Rodolfo Chango Casanova by 9th round knockout, in the first world title fight between a Puerto Rican and a Mexican.
                  * Gómez-Zarate
                  o Gómez retains his world Jr. Featherweight title by 5th round knockout.
                  * Gómez-Pintor
                  o Gómez retains the world Jr. Featherweight title with a 14th round knockout in what was described by The Ring as the fight of the 80s at the Jr. Featherweight division.
                  * Rosario-Ramirez 1
                  o In their first fight, Rosario conquers the vacant world Lightweight title with a unanimous decision. Scorecards 115-113, 115-113, 115-113.
                  * Trinidad-Yori Boy Campas
                  o Trinidad defeats Campas via 4th round knockout. Campas was in his prime at the time with record of 56 wins(50 KO) 0 losses 0 draws.
                  * Cotto-Gomez
                  o Cotto defeats Gomez by technical decision in the 5th round.
                  * Calderon - Cazares 1
                  o Calderon defeats Cazares via unanimous decision. Scorecards 111-116, 115-112, 115-112.
                  * Calderon - Cazares 2
                  o The two fought again which Calderon also won by 7th round Technical decision due to a accidental headbutt. The Scorecards at the time of the stoppage were 67-66, 68-65, 68-65.
                  * Lopez - Ponce De Leon
                  o Lopez defeats Ponce de Leon via 1st round knockout.
                  * Lopez - Luevano
                  o Lopez defeats Luevano via 7th round knockout.
                  * Trinidad - Vargas
                  o Both fighter went down but in the 12th round Trinidad knocks him out. (Vargas was undefeated and 21 years old)
                  * Cintron - Angulo
                  o Cintron gets a 12 round unanimous decision.Scorecards 116-112, 116-112, 116-112.
                  * Santos - Margarito 2
                  o Stop due to a cut and Santos gets a 10th round Technical decision.Scorecards 84-87, 85-86, 86-85.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plaster...Sad. View Post
                    Bottom line: NO Puerto Rican EVER wants to be born Mexican. ****, I'd rather be Hector or Tito any day than to be a whiny ***** excuse making "warrior" with a shoulder injury.

And the Tito vs Oscar fight I saw had one guy running like a nervous rabbit for the last 4 rounds. Looked outright ridiculous.

How are we pretending Oscar did not wear fishnets?

How are we pretending Vargas did not use Steroids?

How are we pretending Margarito did not use Plaster wraps??

How are we Pretending that Chavez did not get knocked the **** out by Tzu and humiliated by Randall?? Spare a loss by Richard Steele against Taylor?

Come on now Kids...
                    There's no need to get racist here homie, we're discussing boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X