Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Pac and Big fan: Im sorry Em is better than both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addition,

I don't think he's Top 10 All-Time, no. I don't pretend to have drawn up a list, but there are at least 10 who definitely who deserve to be ranked ahead of him in the form.

Do people here only judge Greatness by units shifted? Seriously??

Music isn't like sports teams, where 'greatness' and 'success' are mutually inclusive. You can be Great AND influential in music and have no mainstream success.

How many records you sell is one of the last factors to consider, and that's not me taking some anti-commerciality stance for the sake of it.

I regard 'The Slim Shady LP' as an ATG contender in music period, though, regardless of the form.

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    I know you ain't too fond of Em's later work lets for a moment forget the discussion about Pac Biggie and Em

2:40 towards the end. If we forget the somewhat corny mainstream chorus.. What you think of it skillwise and substance wise?
    LOL, I don't even want to say, because I'll seem pessimistic and I'll be repeating myself. The flow, while rapid-fire, I'd call more awkward than dexterous, and the content is just a 'me, me, me' style rant with little in the way of shade, tone or general interest and no payoff at all.

Eminem at his best was the rap Robert Crumb. Hip-hop social-satire lyrical cartoonist.

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
      My list is up to me.

You can't force me to listen to people and put others on top or below. This is my list, but you can ask me why or tell me what you think about it. Just don't tell me to change it.

Rakim is not on it because I had a good think about him. Maybe abd call, but I stand by it.

Nas is at the bottom because I prefer Jay Z, plus he is too commerical.

Eminem is at the top and Burner is right about that, and I don;t agree with him often.
      Wait, Nas is too commericial?

and

Why Puff Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
        Wait, Nas is too commericial?

and

Why Puff Daddy?
        P Diddy is all about commercial, that is his game. He is successful at that so you can't fault him

Comment

P Diddy is all about commercial, that is his game. He is successful at that so you can't fault him
          That answered nothing. How do you call anybody too commercial when you have Puffy Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, Sean John on your list? And you never explained why he's on your list. And Nas is too commercial?

Comment

My list is up to me.

You can't force me to listen to people and put others on top or below. This is my list, but you can ask me why or tell me what you think about it. Just don't tell me to change it.

Rakim is not on it because I had a good think about him. Maybe abd call, but I stand by it.

Eminem is at the top and Burner is right about that, and I don;t agree with him often.
            Compare album sales between Nas and Jay Z and you'll see that Jay Z is more commercial between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
              Addition,

I don't think he's Top 10 All-Time, no. I don't pretend to have drawn up a list, but there are at least 10 who definitely who deserve to be ranked ahead of him in the form.

Do people here only judge Greatness by units shifted? Seriously??

Music isn't like sports teams, where 'greatness' and 'success' are mutually inclusive. You can be Great AND influential in music and have no mainstream success.

How many records you sell is one of the last factors to consider, and that's not me taking some anti-commerciality stance for the sake of it.

I regard 'The Slim Shady LP' as an ATG contender in music period, though, regardless of the form.

LOL, I don't even want to say, because I'll seem pessimistic and I'll be repeating myself. The flow, while rapid-fire, I'd call more awkward than dexterous, and the content is just a 'me, me, me' style rant with little in the way of shade, tone or general interest and no payoff at all.

Eminem at his best was the rap Robert Crumb. Hip-hop social-satire lyrical cartoonist.

This is spot on, it's not a championship, preference is big factor when appreciating music, it's a personal thing that belongs to any individual. Record sales don't mean **** and quality music, including hiphop is scarce in the mainstream for the last decade or so. Quality is another big factor. Yes Em has some, he has a lot of flaws also, but to say that he is as many stated here an *intelectual rapper* or a GOAT means you need to listen to more hiphop.

Em carried his personal life in his lyrics way too much if you ask me, the parody clown role suits him a lot better.

Comment

Nas is too commercial . . . but you prefer Jay-Z!? Jay-Z; the king of watered down, appealing to the lowest common denominator, frivolous, middle of the road crap. Behind only these borderline R&B guys like Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post

Nas is too commercial . . . but you prefer Jay-Z!? Jay-Z; the king of watered down, appealing to the lowest common denominator, frivolous, middle of the road crap. Behind only these borderline R&B guys like Drake.
                  I'm still trying to get the answer to that. Plus Diddy is in his top 10! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                    That answered nothing. How do you call anybody too commercial when you have Puffy Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, Sean John on your list? And you never explained why he's on your list. And Nas is too commercial?
                    Is P diddy great at being commercial? Probably one of the best. He deserves a slot in there

Is Nas better than Jay Z? Not really but he is good. This is my personal taste and also I have to have honourable mentions to who I like

I am not saying that my top 10 is the best, but this is my list.

Comment

• Jay Z is versatile

Comment

Working...
                      X