Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Sosa Peaked at 886K Viewers on HBO; Averaged 832K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And remember - UFC PPV was that night: Cormier vs Rumble II. Highly anticipated rematch.

Comment

I think a solido fight breaks 1 million the only thing thought I'm pretty sure now a Mikey fight will be ppv

Comment

Decent numbers if you compare to the numbers they been doing so far this year and to what Showtime is doing. But low compared to HBO's own standards. This type of fight should be cracking 1m. It stops the ratings slide and hopefully HBO puts on more fights to build momentum. I think going dark in Feb and basically just 1 fight at the end of jan effected their low ratings (by HBO standards) for 2017. They had a long stretch of almost 3 months where they only aired 1 fight in that time.

Comment

Arum knows how to build stars

Comment

Vargas vs Salido on Boxing After Dark (smaller budget) drew 833k and peaked at 954k for HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Vargas vs Salido on Boxing After Dark (smaller budget) drew 833k and peaked at 954k for HBO.
              But no UFC PPV I don't think

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Holy Christ you're on Golden Boy's nuts

Comment

Honestly, the #'s seem kind of disappointing. I would have thought Loma would have did slightly north of a million viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                    Honestly, the #'s seem kind of disappointing. I would have thought Loma would have did slightly north of a million viewers.
                    Considering his last fight did about 650k I think against a bigger name I think this is a pretty healthy growth in viewership

Comment

Good numbers especially against a ufc fight. Alot of bars i tried had the ufc fight instead of this one. I heard the main event lasted only one minute or something

Comment

Working...
                      X