The First Law of Motion: Hamed vs Barrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Law of Motion: Hamed vs Barrera

https://imgur.com/gallery/8tD9kGz

Hope you enjoy the ****y little bastard finally catching his beatdown.

Yeah, I remember that fight. I became a huge Barrera fan after the classic fight with McKinney. You ever cover that fight? And I loved it when Hamed got his comeuppance here, especially when he got his face driven into the turnbuckle WWE style in the 12th round. Barrera was a warrior, but this was around the time when he started outscoring opponents, winning on points. I hated Hamed ever since he beat Kevin Kelley, who was one of my favorites. And, of course, who could forget the classic Morales trilogy?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Yeah, I remember that fight. I became a huge Barrera fan after the classic fight with McKinney. You ever cover that fight? And I loved it when Hamed got his comeuppance here, especially when he got his face driven into the turnbuckle WWE style in the 12th round. Barrera was a warrior, but this was around the time when he started outscoring opponents, winning on points. I hated Hamed ever since he beat Kevin Kelley, who was one of my favorites. And, of course, who could forget the classic Morales trilogy?
      Haven't done the Mckinney fight, but I did do the first Morales fight. https://imgur.com/gallery/cSqk5

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
        Haven't done the Mckinney fight, but I did do the first Morales fight. https://imgur.com/gallery/cSqk5
        Sweet. That means blood for blood, cool. Loved watching Barrera fight. There's too few guys in boxing to get that excited about today unfortunately. I'd say maybe Golovkin, Mikey Garcia and maybe either Joshua or that strawweight guy that just went 50-0.

Comment

Sweet. That means blood for blood, cool. Loved watching Barrera fight. There's too few guys in boxing to get that excited about today unfortunately. I'd say maybe Golovkin, Mikey Garcia and maybe either Joshua or that strawweight guy that just went 50-0.
          Lomachenko and Inoue belong on that list.

Comment

That was a great fight. Watching that arrogant Hamed get beat up back then was feel-good. For me it was a poor mans version of Tyson-Douglas.

Note the low blows from Barrera. They were pretty brutal and like the low blows from Ward against Kovalev, they weren't penalized. To be fair, MAB's weren't as bad as they werent fight deciding, but it most certainly was a violation of the rules of boxing.

Comment

--- and it was this version of Barrera that Manny knocked out that launched him into the stratosphere...the way it was...

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
                Lomachenko and Inoue belong on that list.
                Inoue huh? What's his first name? I'll look up his record. I probably have seen Lomachenko on HBO once.

Comment

That strawweight against about an 190 lbs. gal in prime shape--what a dream fight.

Don't forget, men that size need a good pounding more than anything.

Comment

Inoue huh? What's his first name? I'll look up his record. I probably have seen Lomachenko on HBO once.
                    Naoya Inoue here's a quick highlight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M79y7yOEUec

Comment

Working...
                    X