Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harder puncher, Wlad or Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They punch differently, so it would be hard to say. At 214 lbs and knocking a big ortiz on his ass the way wilder did is impressive, Vlad has always been right at 240, and so a bit more weight and better technique goes into his shots. That said, I think wilder is faster, and that's where a lot of his power comes from, also odd angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      missing a few nobodies but i guess that dont matter.

Comment

Wlad's power is grossly overrated. Seen plenty of fighters blatantly disrespect his power and take plenty of damage from him with no problem.

What Wlad had was incredible technique and accuracy. He was also very patient. Was great at waiting for the perfect time for strike and when he did, the shot was just often straight on the button.

Wilder will knock you out whether he catches you on the chin or the forehead. Makes no difference. Will even knock you down with your own gloves if you're hiding behind the high guard. Both are in completely different categories.

Comment

Wlad punches harder but couldn't KO Jennings? Didn't the old man Ortiz KO Jennings in 7?

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
            Wilder without a doubt. He's makes guys have seizures.
            Yeah, guys who are completely shot to pieces.

Comment

Wladimir is by far the more affective with his shots. Plus, he's done it against fighters far more proven then fighters Wilder has fought.

Wilder does have more snap and speed to his shots though.

Comment

In my opinion, if both punched a machine, Wlad would apply more pressure per square inch.

But......if you could measure how power is delivered based on speed, velocity and sharpness/snap, I'm not sure anyone hits harder than Wilder. He just hurts guys and his shots don't even have to land properly. That's natural power. Reminds me of a heavyweight Tommy Hearns. It's freakish. Wilder has literally hurt everyone he's fought in every single fight and that's rare, even for heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                  Wlad's power is grossly overrated. Seen plenty of fighters blatantly disrespect his power and take plenty of damage from him with no problem.

What Wlad had was incredible technique and accuracy. He was also very patient. Was great at waiting for the perfect time for strike and when he did, the shot was just often straight on the button.

Wilder will knock you out whether he catches you on the chin or the forehead. Makes no difference. Will even knock you down with your own gloves if you're hiding behind the high guard. Both are in completely different categories.
                  Ive read testimony from a sparring partner in the 90s who sparred the likes of Tyson, Lewis, Foreman, Tua, Holyfield abd Klitschko. He said that Klitschko was the biggest puncher of the lot. He would spark him out cold, regularly leave him unable to remember whole rounds.

The guy was 240lbs with fast hands, great technique and ring iq. I dont think its unreasonable to say he is the hardest puncher ever. Not the greatest puncher ever, but the hardest.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Ive read testimony from a sparring partner in the 90s who sparred the likes of Tyson, Lewis, Foreman, Tua, Holyfield abd Klitschko. He said that Klitschko was the biggest puncher of the lot. He would spark him out cold, regularly leave him unable to remember whole rounds.

The guy was 240lbs with fast hands, great technique and ring iq. I dont think its unreasonable to say he is the hardest puncher ever. Not the greatest puncher ever, but the hardest.
                    Not that it's relevant to what you said but Freddy Roach also says that Wladimir is the hardest puncher he's ever worked with as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

There's no rationale for that lol. Anyone who thinks Klisthchko is the hardest puncher in history is an idiot. You people crack me up.

Comment

Working...
                      X