Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua on Leaving SHO for DAZN: Business is Not About Loyalty!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Not saying that at all , he’s a UK superstar but he didn’t /doesn’t resonate in the States

It was Showtime that bought his fight when no other American outlet was interested. It was Showtime that kept on buying his fights even with lacklustre ratings With the plan to set up a AJ/Wilder super fight

Just when it seems like it should happen , AJ / Hearn jumps ship. While the upside is there fornHearn Indont see a positive for AJ , he basically short changed himself only to benefit Hearn.

Like I said feelings shouldn’t be a part of business but usually loyalty gets rewarded. AJ/ Hearn have proven they aren’t loyal and especially Hearn he kept on dangling AJ to Showtime and HBo and both bought his sh.it UK fights with hopes of landing him. Now he goes to DAZn and burning bridges if the app doesn’t pop I doubt American platforms will want to do business with him in the future. I mean no US platform picked up the Whyte / Parker fight and if DAZn fails I doubt any platform will pick up his future cards. Notice how Showtime is aligning with Warren now ?
    You think AJ shortchanged himself to benefit Hearn? Doubt that very much. Wouldn't surprise me if AJ has a stake in the DAZN deal.

No US network picked up Whyte-Parker? Not surprising. Neither is a star or an American.

Would US networks pick up AJ fights if DAZN fails? Of course they would. But depends on who AJ is fighting, and how popular he is then.

Unless there's a binding deal in place, each fight is sold on its own merits.

Somehow I don't think DAZN is going to fail though.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
      I like AJ but he doesn't sound very intelligent in that interview.

Abusive wife??

"No love lost"?......He doesn't seem to know the meaning of that phrase.

Oh well, he's an athlete, not an academic.
      He sounds like an idiot. A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
        What good kid from next door? AJ was a enforcer for some west Midlands gang & a convicted felon
        the public don't know that and brought into this fake ass persona he was selling the cracks are starting to show now but don't think he cares no more he's made what 100m already more than Lennox Lewis made his whole career and the two fighters don't even compare

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Everytime he opens his mouth its an L.

First it was Give me 50 million, then it was I won't sell my soul for 50 million, then it was I have to do what's best for my career, after that it was "You train to be a fighter and fight Wilder! It's easier said than done!"

Deontay is smarter than him BY FAR. At least he knows not to make himself look stupid with what he says, well up until recently that is

Lol yep....

Comment

I criticised him for being AWOL and silent in the heat of the Wilder negotiations, but in retrospect, it's better he kept his mouth shut.

Comment

Working...
            X