No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander: My Skills Are Way Better Than Kell Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    Alexander is an OK fighter, not much more. Brook is an up and coming fighter and a very good one at that. People are really only reading the negative into the Jones fight. I watched the fight and it was a really good test, he had to overcome a badly busted nose from round 6 and passed the gutcheck with Flying colours. I think he'll learn from it and continue to improve. Brook wins this.
    i agree completely on the brook-jones fight. if he struggled early and couldnt outbox jones that would be a problem at the higher level, but he didnt. he outboxed jones easily and controled the fight early, but he was in poor shape so he wore down. jones may not be top class but hes solid and if you get tired against a solid fighter you get punished for it.

thats what happened, but like you say he stayed tough throughout. he didnt fold and he showed me more in that fight than any of his previous outings. he showed great boxing skills early, great heart late and he learned a valuable lesson that will serve him in the very near future.

that said i think you underestimate alexander. everyone is going on about what a beast matthysse is, but even if we say he did beat alexander it was a close fight. matthysse had a very hard time with alexander so if hes such a beast you gotta give devons some credit too.

one thing that should be mentioned is when ppl try to box devon he becomes more of a boxer puncher who sits down on his shots and fights much better.

most importnatly devon is world class, hes been in there with much better oposition than brook and won. one of the best chins in all of boxing too, talk about granite. brook is in there with a whole other animal than anything he ever faced before.

Comment

I was staying up for the Morales-Garcia rematch and this dude was on the undercard... i fell asleep and missed the main event! as boring as he is, he still beats Brook because Brook IMO isnt a proven fighter yet. if one of your best wins is M.Hatton, that says a LOT about your resume. hopefully Brook can make it interesting..

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Should be Brook's break out party.

God know, how you can think Brook fights like Witter, Brook is orthodox and very accurate.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this one. It'll be a tough fight for both, but I give it to Alexander. He seems to have the better chin, workrate and definitely opposition. The only thing that can trouble Alexander is Brook's boxing skills and accuracy.

The reason Brook had trouble with Carson Jones is because Brook doesn't handle pressure that well.

Alexander UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Should be Brook's break out party.

God know, how you can think Brook fights like Witter, Brook is orthodox and very accurate.
            Brook's comparable to Witter, there are differences and Brook is a much better orthodox boxer, that's his main strength. He needs to focus a lot more on doing things the conventional way than relying on his reflexes, he's got a great jab too. Also, Carson Jones is no journeyman, I think he's a good gatekeeper and Brook was without a strength & conditioning coach, don't know if he has one yet either.

I think people will be surprised about Brook when he fights Alexander.

Comment

Good fight this, Brook wins on points IMO.
              I think alot of people who haven't seen much of Brook base their opinion of him soley on the Jones fight...where there was obvious issue in the training camp.
              I think its a close fight..and i expect Brook will look good and surprise a few people.

Comment

I it goes to the cards, Alexander's got this in the bag...Brook needs a KO to win.

Comment

I keep seeing a lot of "I got a feeling Brook will win" or "Kell is gonna surprise some people", but seriously explain to me how he is going win?

I don't see a single thing Brook can and does do that Devon doesn't do better. And yet again people are writing off the Jones fight, but when that's your biggest step up so far and you struggled mightily then you defiantly should be criticized for it. And don't give me excuses like he had a bad training camp, no one on here wants to give Devon any breaks about struggling to make 140 which led to bad performances in fights.

Comment

Working...
                  X