No announcement yet.

Do you think Pacquiao should retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Pacquiao should retire?

Do you think its time for Pacquiao to retire considerin everyone in his era have already hang up their boxing gloves?

Yes. The Vargas fight should have been his last one.

Comment

Yes he's slowing up no question. There are too many good young fighters in the Welterweight division for Manny to find a place at the top. He beat Horn IMO but could easily lose the rematch. Even if he wins then what?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Yes he's slowing up no question. There are too many good young fighters in the Welterweight division for Manny to find a place at the top. He beat Horn IMO but could easily lose the rematch. Even if he wins then what?
        I love boxing! I grew up in Southern California. I'm in my 50's and really started to be a hard core boxing fan in the 70's.

I served in the USMC in the 80's to 90's. During which time I trained, stationed and deployed to the Philippines numerous times.

At this time I was well aware of Carlos Padilla JR.

Referee of the third fight between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, "Thrilla in Manila."

Later did Sugar Ray Leonard vs Wilfredo Benitez, Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Roberto Duran 1, Thomas Hearns vs. Roberto Duran, Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Ruben Castillo and Salvador Sanchez vs. Wilfredo Gomez.

But no fighter of significance until "The PAC-Man".

I caught the fight of Manny Pacquiao vs Chokchai Chockvivat on ESPN.

I had already heard of him on the boxing magazines. My wife recorded the fight for me (She is Filipina). Her auntie and cousin were visiting. When I got home they were still parting.

They had never seen a boxing match. But they saw Manny win this (what I call a obscure title).

But Manny kept winning and the parties got bigger!

My Pinoy friends would say they are so proud of their kababayan (countryman).

He is the only 8 Division world champion in the history of boxing, having won eleven major world titles, as well as being the first boxer to win the lineal championship in five different weight classes.

He is the only 8 division world champion in the history of the sport.

He won eleven major world titles, as well as being the first boxer to win the lineal championship in five different weight classes.

PAC-Man the first boxer in history to win major world titles in four of the original eight weight classes of boxing, also known as the "glamour divisions": flyweight, featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight.

Manny has earned the right to retire on his terms.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          I love boxing! I grew up in Southern California. I'm in my 50's and really started to be a hard core boxing fan in the 70's.

I served in the USMC in the 80's to 90's. During which time I trained, stationed and deployed to the Philippines numerous times.

Referee of the third fight between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, "Thrilla in Manila."

Later did Sugar Ray Leonard vs Wilfredo Benitez, Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Roberto Duran 1, Thomas Hearns vs. Roberto Duran, Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Ruben Castillo and Salvador Sanchez vs. Wilfredo Gomez.

I had already heard of him on the boxing magazines. My wife recorded the fight for me (She is Filipina). Her auntie and cousin were visiting. When I got home they were still parting.

They had never seen a boxing match. But they saw Manny win this (what I call a obscure title).

He is the only 8 Division world champion in the history of boxing, having won eleven major world titles, as well as being the first boxer to win the lineal championship in five different weight classes.

He won eleven major world titles, as well as being the first boxer to win the lineal championship in five different weight classes.

PAC-Man the first boxer in history to win major world titles in four of the original eight weight classes of boxing, also known as the "glamour divisions": flyweight, featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight.

He's going to do what he wants no doubt. My personal opinion is he should go. There are a lot of punches drunk fighters out there. He wants to have a career in politics so he will need to be sharp mentally and he should think of his family.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

This right here ^^^^^ I'm a young spry 53... Manny has earned the right to retire..

My limited engagements, are all about superior fire power, aggression, slicing pie's and getting outta dodge or where ever..

Comment

No. He's not the Manny of yesteryear but he still has fire in him

Comment

After seeing his latest training video, this should be his last fight .

Comment

IMO, it's got nothing to do with whether he's still competitive-top-15
                  or whatever. It's about something more important than a personal
                  boxing career.

Boxing negatively impacts his duties as a Senator, and a sworn oath
                  to serve the country as an elected Senator should mean something
                  sacred.

That's what an oath is.

The fucker needed to retire the minute he was elected
                  a Representative of the Lower House, ffs...

Comment

absolutely NOT

PAC has at least 14 more good fights in him...

Comment

Working...
                    X