Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have people forgotten how Mayweather cracked early in his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    Are you talking about Mayweather Sr?

Yes he had a crack problem but he got over his addiction. He also spent time in prison if I'm not mistaking.

The point I'm trying to make is don't judge people on their past.
    I don't think he smoked crack, just sold it. Roger on the other hand looks like he could of lit up a few rocks back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      ...or cuz ndou was relatively unknown and untested. I was following the sport then...i know what the lead up was like. Nobody was clamoring for mayweather vs ndou. It was more like "who's this guy?"
      Nobody "clamored" for anything back then. He'd already cleaned out the division and was moving up after the N'Dou fight. In fact, the media was nervous for him moving up because they thought it was too risky. We saw what happened next.

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      You're very, very wrong about this.
      About what?

N'Dou WAS "blessed" by Nelson Mandela where Mandela told him that he was fighting for the country. Look it up yourself.

N'Dou WAS a 99.5% knockout artist. Look it up yourself.

Edwin Valero WAS a 100% knockout artist. Look it up yourself.

People DID want Valero to face Manny next just before Valero's wife got killed. Look it up yourself.

When Mayweather took the fight people DID think he was going to get knocked out. Look it up yourself.

Just because you and other casuals think TBE's career started with the De La Hoya fight don't mean facts are wrong, dude. Do research.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Nobody "clamored" for anything back then. He'd already cleaned out the division and was moving up after the N'Dou fight. In fact, the media was nervous for him moving up because they thought it was too risky. We saw what happened next.

About what?

N'Dou WAS "blessed" by Nelson Mandela where Mandela told him that he was fighting for the country. Look it up yourself.

People DID want Valero to face Manny next just before Valero's wife got killed. Look it up yourself.

When Mayweather took the fight people DID think he was going to get knocked out. Look it up yourself.

Just because you and other casuals think TBE's career started with the De La Hoya fight don't mean facts are wrong, dude. Do research.
        Just stop man...the guy was an unknown and everyone knew his KOs were coming against lesser opposition. Floyd was a significant favorite end of story. He didn't overcome some fearsome puncher who everyone thought would KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          Just stop man...the guy was an unknown and everyone knew his KOs were coming against lesser opposition. Floyd was a significant favorite end of story. He didn't overcome some fearsome puncher who everyone thought would KO him.
          Michael Buffer doesn't announce bum fights. Ask him yourself.

Bottom line: you can try to dismiss TBE's wins all day. I get it. You love Manny. He let you down. You're trying to find excuses.

The fact is, Mayweather was a straight up KO beast and his KO percentage speaks for itself.

Done.

Comment

Michael Buffer doesn't announce bum fights. Ask him yourself.

Bottom line: you can try to dismiss TBE's wins all day. I get it. You love Manny. He let you down. You're trying to find excuses.

The fact is, Mayweather was a straight up KO beast and his KO percentage speaks for itself.

Done.
            Lol...I'm much more of a mayweather fan than a pac fan, but i can still be real. KO% is nice and all, but it doesn't mean much against lesser opposition. Did ndou look like a beast in there to you?

Comment

About what?

I'm a Mayweather stan. Ndou was a nobody. Nobody was hyping him the way they did Valero. Nobody thought he was going to get knocked out.

And you have the nerve to call me a casual. Smh. Sounds like you just started watching the sport tbh.

Comment

Floyd busted dudes from 130-140 that's how you know most these fair boys didn't even watch him till oscar.

Comment

The Hatton KO was pretty amazing!

Comment

most of this place didnt watch boxing when mayweather was young.

go watch chico and manfredy era fights. go watch is first pro fight when the commentators mention he is a power puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      I'm a Mayweather stan. Ndou was a nobody. Nobody was hyping him the way they did Valero. Nobody thought he was going to get knocked out.

And you have the nerve to call me a casual. Smh. Sounds like you just started watching the sport tbh.
                      the significance of the ndou fight was it was mayweathers first fight at 140. nobody was expecting a stoppage

Comment

Working...
                      X