No announcement yet.

Why do people here love Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Hatton was outclassed by Pacquiao, most boxers are and Hatton's relentless come-forward style meant a KO was inevitable, he isn't the type to run.

But he wasn't outclassed by Mayweather. As Freddie Roach said, he was in the fight for 6 rounds and not only was he fighting above his natural weight class, he did with that fat Cortez monkey all over him from Round 1 onwards moulding the fight to Floyd's advantage.
    I hate to break it to you, but Freddie is wrong. I'm not sure what fight you were watching, but I don't consider throwing your body into a guy continuously and rabbit punching him half to death to be "in the fight". Floyd clowned Hatton's dirty, borderline ****sexual ass and finished him off with one of the funniest KO's you'll ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by VolumePuncher View Post
      He fought two elite class fighters and they both whipped his ass in embarrassing fashion, and his record is padded largely by fighting bums in the UK.

Can someone please explain the appeal to me?

Also: Before anyone comes in here criticizing the first part of my statement, I don't punish anyone too much for losing to Floyd or Pac, but I will punish you for how you lose. Hatton was completely and utterly out-classed in both fights on a level that makes you wonder why the matches were made in the first place.
      I can't speak for anyone else but I loved Hatton,he was balls to the wall dude..He was limit but his heart was big and he would always put it all on black and let it ride..I love Mosley(and maybe one of his biggest fans)but tbh Hatton tried harder all the way threw the fight with May then Mosley did tbh..He had a classic battle with Tszyu(which would be in my top 20 fights)..Hatton was a classic brawler and he was fun too watch..Is he the greatest fighter no,most skilled no..But he would give 110% which is all I can ask for..

Comment

He was pretty good at what he did and is now vastly underrated, so what if he lost to two of the best possible fighters anyone could have faced.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          He was pretty good at what he did and is now vastly underrated, so what if he lost to two of the best possible fighters anyone could have faced.
          I wished him and Bradley would have mixed it up,or him and Khan with Smoger or Weeks as the ref..

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but Freddie is wrong.
            yes, you (a random fucc-knuckle hater off the internet) knows more than the most celebrated boxing coach in the world, Freddie Roach. Enjoy your red.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              yes, you (a random fucc-knuckle hater off the internet) knows more than the most celebrated boxing coach in the world, Freddie Roach. Enjoy your red.
              Lmfao @ This idiot not understanding that everyone, even your boy toy Freddie Roach will say anything if it furthers their own agenda.

He said what he did to pimp Pacquiao's win as being more significant and to assert him as the better fighter based on their performances against common opponents. I remember the comments you're referring to and the context they were said in, and that was a prime example of him pushing an agenda.

Also, Teddy Atlas also knows a thing or two about the sport of boxing and more or less agrees with my assessment. Hatton wasn't in the fight, he was hugging and rabbit punching, while Floyd consistently landed cleaner and better shots throughout the entire fight.

But hey, I'm talking to some clown with a Ricky Hatton avatar, who's probably from Britain (I didn't check when I wrote this), so I wouldn't expect anything but blind support.

Comment

Hatton wasn't in the fight, he was hugging and rabbit punching, while Floyd consistently landed cleaner and better shots throughout the entire fight.
                Hatton never rabbit-punched in the entire fight, his worst crime was punching a rope. Mayweather on the other hand was throwing elbows, turning his back, holding on, ducking down constantly to the point where Lennox Lewis questioned whether Mayweather was doing some kind of martial art. Yet all the while the (now known to be) corrupt ref was warning Ricky.

Look man, you're a ***** spazball with red bars and a belly full of hate, you can see it a mile off and I don't have time for this. Do 1.

Comment

Hatton was outclassed by Mayweather in the same way that all of Floyd's recent opponents have been outclassed. What you can say for Hatton though is that he managed to bring the best out of Mayweather, which you can't necessarily say for many of his other post-Castillo opponents. At any rate, this is a fairly pointless thread, as like I said, nobody around here is claiming that Hatton is some sort of a world beater. He's a solid, entertaining fighter who had a good run at 140 lbs for a few years.

Comment

I don't consider throwing your body into a guy continuously and rabbit punching him half to death to be "in the fight". Floyd clowned Hatton's dirty, borderline ****sexual ass and finished him off with one of the funniest KO's you'll ever see.
                    Incidentally, if you genuinely believe Hatton "rabbit punched Floyd half to death" in that fight, you either stepped out for a coffee for the entire 10 rounds, or suffer from some manner of severe ******ation.

Comment

People love him because he is not Amir Khan. That makes me like Ricky.

Comment

Working...
                      X