No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Unsure of Career Future, To Decide After New Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
    He got his ass whopped by a Motha****a Dirrell iced in 1 round. RETIRE!!!
    When did this happen?

Comment

He's gotta leave mcdonnell. even as close as they are.

He simply is not getting him right-he's lackluster in every outing.

Comment

James Degale hugging the ropes all night should have been pointed out early by Jim. His corner also told him he was up when he wasn’t. He needs to fight the whole 3 mins and not in bursts.

Comment

Tbh if your right shoulder means you can't punch much, then it's too hard at the top level. He barely threw a strong jab etc...

Comment

I used to dislike Degale intensely early in his career, he was entitled, egotistical and overated.

Sine he won the IBF strap I have warmed to him and he does seem to have grown up but...

He always spends too much time on the ropes during fights and I believed this would eventually be his undoing (combined with being physically fragile).

He is talented, but I doubt he will make a sustained comeback., which is a shame because there were good fights out there in Groves, Eubank et.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              When did this happen?

https://youtu.be/oY_88wUB7KM

Comment

Complete bull**** post, James is a olympic gold medalist, was rated #.1 by the major panels for the last two years, only loss prior to this one was by a point to now world champion George Groves, got a draw wit Badou Jack who beat George, never been stopped or lost a clear decision ; they were MD and a Draw, James is no bum and deserved credit for stepping up in America.
                Just because someone wins a gold doesn't mean they are overly talentes or overly skilled. There are a lot of medallists that aren't.

Degale is not that talentes or skilled, sorry he is just not.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Just because someone wins a gold doesn't mean they are overly talentes or overly skilled. There are a lot of medallists that aren't.

Degale is not that talentes or skilled, sorry he is just not.
                  Yes winning gold does not necessarily mean skilled in the pros, Zoo Shimming is a example, but James beat credible opponents and as I mentioned had competitive fights with some of the best @ 168 ; to effectively compete with the best in this particular division you have to have some talent and a high degree of skill.

I understand Degale had some rough nights lately, apparently hes on the decline and maybe hes not as able as he once was, perhaps Truax and Jacks style was all wrong for him, and maybe exposed James as a bit limited but I dont think hes average, George Groves got KTFO, Eubank Jr. got schooled by a middleweight Billy Joe...so who really is skilled? basically everyone has bad nights, is all I'm trying to say, I hope James can return to his winning ways.

Comment

At the start of his Pro career ! I hated this guy Arrogant and very unlikable. I think his promotional team told him to Dilute his personality . Over the years he become more likeable . But in some interviews you can see he has not changed at all . To his credit he will fight anybody . Which is very rare . But he was very lucky in my eyes to still be a champion anyway . As Badu Jack was TOTALLY robbed in there fight . He has ok boxing skills . But alot of his punches are slaps and he has Bad cardio

Comment

Yes winning gold does not necessarily mean skilled in the pros, Zoo Shimming is a example, but James beat credible opponents and as I mentioned had competitive fights with some of the best @ 168 ; to effectively compete with the best in this particular division you have to have some talent and a high degree of skill.

I understand Degale had some rough nights lately, apparently hes on the decline and maybe hes not as able as he once was, perhaps Truax and Jacks style was all wrong for him, and maybe exposed James as a bit limited but I dont think hes average, George Groves got KTFO, Eubank Jr. got schooled by a middleweight Billy Joe...so who really is skilled? basically everyone has bad nights, is all I'm trying to say, I hope James don'tcan return to his winning ways.
                      I'm not saying he's a bum he's a good solid fighter and can compete with top guys such as Jack, Bute, Dirrell etc and win some and IMO lose some (Jack) but he's not elite I don't see his skill level or talent level being overly impressive as people have often suggested.

And for the record I don't consider Groves or Eubank overly skilled or talented either.

Comment

Working...
                      X