No announcement yet.

Would Pacquaio beat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Pacquaio beat Canelo

Stylistically I think Pacquaio would destroy canelo, much harder fight for canelo than mayweather, pacquaio would be too fast and canelo is not that good at setting traps, he wont be able to overpower pacquaio hes too fast for that, just cause marquez beat him with perfect counterpunching I doubt canelo would be able to survive pacquaios wave of attack that destroyed cotto/mosley/margarito

I'd make Pac weigh no more than 148-149, and I think he'd destroy Canelo at 154.

Pac being prime of course. Now now.

Comment

Canelo is really quite over-rated as he stands. He has fair speed and fair power, and I admit his punching technique when he throws is quite nice, however he lacks the tendency to let his hands go at times, cutting off the ring and has weak stamina.

His defense vs trout was great but not sustainable, it tired him out after only 6 rounds, with Pacquaio he would be tired after 4, and once he stops moving it will turn into a Margarito type fight. Pacquaio has greater 'snap' than Canelo and has more surprise and shock in his punches, they are much more difficult to avoid and see, the only thing I could imagine keeping Canelo up much like Margarito is his large weight advantage. Footwork, speed, stamina and potentially power all belong to Pacquaio in this fight... once Pacquaio survives the first half it's game over as long as he stays focused.

Canelo had a semi-close fight with Trout, and this was the guy who was throwing 'air' jabs all day long... Canelo would be getting hit by straight lefts all day and that would sap his energy away much more effectively than Trouts weak offense.
      Last edited by T18Z; 06-13-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Very interesting fight, ATM I would pick manny to beat Canelo. Only way I see Canelo giving manny problems is if he can get better stamina. I don't think manny hits harder than Canelo, and canelos boxing and defense are actually good.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
          Canelo is really quite over-rated as he stands. He has fair speed and fair power, and I admit his punching technique when he throws is quite nice, however he lacks combination punching, cutting off the ring (at times) and has weak stamina.

His defense vs trout was great but not sustainable, it tired him out after only 6 rounds, with Pacquaio he would be tired after 4, and once he stops moving it will turn into a Margarito type fight. Pacquaio has greater 'snap' than Canelo and has more surprise and shock in his punches, they are much more difficult to avoid and see, the only thing I could imagine keeping Canelo up much like Margarito is his large weight advantage. Footwork, speed, stamina and potentially power all belong to Pacquaio in this fight... once Pacquaio survives the first half it's game over as long as he stays focused.

Canelo had a semi-close fight with Trout, and this was the guy who was throwing 'air' jabs all day long... Canelo would be getting hit by straight lefts all day and that would sap his energy away much more effectively than Trouts weak offense.
          I stoped reading at `however he lacks combination punching`

Comment

Did you see Pacquiao's last fight? No

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
              I stoped reading at `however he lacks combination punching`
              I stopped reading when you couldn't spell the bolded word correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                Very interesting fight, ATM I would pick manny to beat Canelo. Only way I see Canelo giving manny problems is if he can get better stamina. I don't think manny hits harder than Canelo, and canelos boxing and defense are actually good.
                i don't know ..mosley looked petrified against pacquiao and got knocked down easily with one punch..againsy canelo, mosley didn't have a problem eating up punches and coming forward all night.

pacquiao's speed, stamina, punching power, and footwork would pose too much of a problem for canelo...
                Last edited by Bermuda; 06-13-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  i don't know ..mosley look petrified against pacquiao and got knocked down easily with one punch and mosley didn't have a problem eating up punches and coming forward against canelo..
                  Exactly.

People seem to think how big Canelo is automatically makes him a huge puncher, but he couldn't even knock down Mosley, where as Pacquiao did, with Mosley stating at the post-fight conference that he has never felt that kind of power before and he was very hurt by the knockdown and shocked.

Comment

Two years HELL NO, this Pac version would not defeat Canelo, Canelo is entering his prime, while Pac lost two of his last three fights (not counting Bradley gift win). In a war of attrition the young lion who has improved significantly as a boxer would be able to withstand the pressure.

Assuming that the fight takes place at 154 with no catchweights.

Comment

Working...
                    X