No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Contests Criticism He Can't Take Body Shots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev Contests Criticism He Can't Take Body Shots

English isn't Sergey Kovalev's first language, but he understood the question Tuesday. What the Russian-born WBO light heavyweight champion cannot comprehend is why people keep asking how he'll deal with Canelo Alvarez's aggressive body attack when they meet November 2 in Las Vegas. Kovalev contends that he doesn't have any more trouble absorbing body shots than other fighters.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This notion comes from Kovalev complaining about body shots to the belt line earlier in the fight vs. Ward. Plus JDJ keeps barking that Kovalev can't take it to the body and he was his trainer for a long time.

Comment

Against Ward 2 couple low numerous not that bender you in half and you quit. Yarde who should have body hunted all along when he did it he had you ready then you boxed round of your life schooled him

Comment

Cashed out from a body shot

Comment

Short story you and most fighters have body shot issues you long and lanky can’t take it. I’m sure Buddy will give you best advice possible when Canella fades in second half like always try and land blinding jab right cross finisher

Comment

We will see. Cuz we know what tactics Nelo will be using

Comment

He can't take shots to the testicles

Comment

For Canelo's sake, the rumors of Kovalev not liking it to the body better be true.

Comment

“I can’t tell you what it’ll be”

Yeah he’s not offering much in the way of place your bets on me winning. I hope I’m wrong and have been wrong about this being his retirement fund fight.

Comment

What was he going to say? If it actually wasn't true, he'd be saying it was true to encourage opponents to waste their time throwing body shots.

If it is true, he'd be well advised to deny it, pretty much like he's doing, no?

Comment

Working...
                    X