Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Top Rank Fails To Realize When They Make Non-Mexican Fighters Represent Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
    Mexicans are always on these weak black dudes mind.
    LOL says the B|tch that thinks Spence, Broner and Mayweather want to be mexican. Keep black dudes off of your mind you weak ass mexican.

Comment

Not only do mexicans struggle to sell tickets, they also have lower TV ratings than other boxers

EACH Networks TOP 3 most viewed fights in 2018:

SHOWTIME:
      Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz - avg: 1,100,000; peak: 1,200,000 (Mar 3rd on Showtime)
      Jose Uzcategai vs. Andre Dirrell - avg: 730,000 (Mar 3rd on Showtime)
      Adrien Broner vs. Jessie Vargas - avg: 782,000; peak: 891,000 (April 21st on Showtime)

HBO:
      Gennady Golovkin vs. Vanes Martirosyan - avg: 1,249,000; peak: 1,361,000 (May 5th on HBO)
      Cecilia Braekhus vs. Kali Reis - avg: 904,000; peak: 1,024,000 (May 5th on HBO)
      Daniel Jacobs vs. Maciej Sulecki - avg: 811,000; peak: 874,000 (April 28th on HBO)

FOX:
      Devon Alexander vs. Andre Berto - avg: 1,193,000; peak: 1,530,000; card avg: 941,000 (Aug 4th on Fox)
      Victor Ortiz vs. Devon Alexander - card avg: 1,136,000; fight peak: 1,266,000 (Feb 17th on Fox)
      Peter Quillin vs. J’Leon Love - avg: 915,000 (Aug 4th on Fox)

ESPN:
      Terence Crawford vs. Jose Benavidez - fight avg: 2,200,000; peak: 2,708,000
      Jorge Linares vs. Vasyl Lomachenko - card avg: 1,024,000; fight avg: 1,439,000; fight peak: 1,749,000 (May 12th on ESPN)
      Oscar Valdez vs. Scott Quigg - card avg: 1,100,000; fight avg: 1,082,000 (Mar 10th on ESPN)

As you can see, TV networks had their best TV ratings when the A-Side was a non-mexican

Comment

Worst thing about it is I think OP is really a redneck with a "I wanna be a tough black man" fantasy.
        Go back to your cheese whiz and Bugles, ..........crackker.

Comment

Originally posted by MusaWorld View Post
          LOL says the B|tch that thinks Spence, Broner and Mayweather want to be mexican. Keep black dudes off of your mind you weak ass mexican.
          Just speaking facts. Dont get mad at me for what your weak ass kinfolks do.

Comment

Lol at the idea of Bob telling Fury he needs to dress like hes Mexican for his fight.

Fury is nuts if you havent been watching. He dressed up as f#cking Batman once. He dont gotta be told to do nutty ass sh^t. He comes up with the nutty ass sh^t. They need to keep Bob & Todd outta Fury's way.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
              Just speaking facts. Dont get mad at me for what your weak ass kinfolks do.
              Lol I can say the exact same thing about my thread, "just speaking facts", yet you're butt hurt over it. Keep black dudes off your mind, no one wants to be mexican kid.

Comment

The most successful fights and the biggest draws in boxing history are able to Draw ALL PEOPLE Regardless of Race, to come out and watch them fight or buy their PPV's

Comment

Lol I can say the exact same thing about my thread, "just speaking facts", yet you're butt hurt over it. Keep black dudes off your mind, no one wants to be mexican kid.
                  We’ve gone over this idiot no matter how hard you try to discredit Mexicans they still have the biggest draw in boxing right now the cash cow the face of boxing is a Mexican I know that just eats at you day and night but you better get use to it hoe.

Now Do us all a favor and fuuckk off you racist POS.

Go back to nascar or basketball you won’t find many Mexicans there so that should please you a bit more.
                  Last edited by kidbazooka; 09-11-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

No. They are not. They simply cannot sell tickets. Spence, Crawford, Davis, Wilder, Lomachenko, Pacquiao and Thurman all consistently draw in crowds of at least 10k, meanwhile mexican fighters are struggling. Also 3k isn't solid at all, maybe for mexicans since they can't sell, but to everyone else 3k is pathetic.
                    Did you miss the part where I said it wasn't just about ticket sales?

Spence, Crawford, and Davis are only big draws in their hometown. That's no different than Jose Ramirez and Gabe Flores. Wilder only drew 4,000 when he fought in Vegas and his gate was worse than Fury-Schwarz. A lot of fights in NYC and Brooklyn have a lot of comps and the commission doesn't publicly release the official attendace and gate so it's easy to hide what a dismal failure some of these events have been. Promoters understand the demographics of their social media followers and television viewers and that's why they pander to certain groups more than others.
                    Last edited by Bob Haymon; 09-11-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

You too desperate to hate on Mexicans, thats why we on your mind all day And that just facts.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=826933
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=825098
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=822896

You get mad at me cause I called out spence, mayweather, broner etc ,, did you get at them with the same energy on twitter? lmfao I cant be responsible for what your kinfolk do, yall need to break out of that victim mentality and take up responsibility for yall actions. Dont blame me cause your kinfolk let you down, BLAME THEM. Man it up lil boy, you'll be alright.

Comment

Working...
                      X