Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has the Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin still hasn't been finalized yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was probably decided over a month ago, they've just kept it quiet until now.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I mean it's been more than three weeks now after the WBA gave Team Joshua less than 24 hours to finalize their bout with Povetkin, shortly after Team Wilder requested a revised copy of their recent contract offer by the end of the week and then the following day the WBA stepped in and demanded a purse bid and yet to this day there is still no deal.

Personally I see this as a duck. Joshua and Matchroom boxing never had any serious plans or intentions of fighting Deontay Wilder this year. It was their well orchestrated plan all along to evade, avoid and dodge a potential bout with Wilder for as long as possible and in order to move the fight back as far as they can.
      First of all it has but the main reason I think was because of the World Cup and Wimbledon. Announcing the fight during these events would’ve swallowed any attention it would’ve received.

Comment

Well if the reports are true then it took long enough. This still doesn't explain why it wasn't finalized in 24 hours as the WBA had ordered.
        You sound like a typical hater.

No one said it had to be announced within 24 hours. Maybe they had to finalize the date? Maybe they had to finalize some TV stuff. Maybe they didn't want to announce in a Pacquiao/world cup final week.

Those things might not have anything to do with the contract between the two parties.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          You sound like a typical hater.

No one said it had to be announced within 24 hours. Maybe they had to finalize the date? Maybe they had to finalize some TV stuff. Maybe they didn't want to announce in a Pacquiao/world cup final week.

Those things might not have anything to do with the contract between the two parties.
          No, I am not a hater just disappointed that the public wasn't given the whole truth. If it was indeed Matchroom boxing's plan along to host a Joshua vs Wilder bout in the U.K. at Wembley in April of 2019; Then the public had every right to know. I just resent the bait and switch tactic in stringing us all along into believing that the fight would happen this year and so does the fans as well as Team Wilder. Moreover, attempting to get Wilder to sign a postdated blank contract without filling out all the details was both wrong, unethical and not negotiating in good faith.
          Last edited by champion4ever; 07-16-2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Probably because Hearns Dazn deal is falling thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              First of all it has but the main reason I think was because of the World Cup and Wimbledon. Announcing the fight during these events would’ve swallowed any attention it would’ve received.
              Yes, literally day after World cup and Wimbledon ends it gets announced lol.

People looking for a fire here when there isn't even any smoke.

Comment

Been announced this morning,
                https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44844180

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
                  Yes, literally day after World cup and Wimbledon ends it gets announced lol.

People looking for a fire here when there isn't even any smoke.
                  Honestly there’s nothing to see here. Wilder fans are just the absolute worst lol

Comment

No, I am not a hater just disappointed that the public wasn't given the whole truth. If it was indeed Matchroom boxing's plan along to host a Joshua vs Wilder bout in the U.K. at Wembley in April of 2019; Then the public had every right to know. I just resent the bait and switch tactic in stringing us all along into believing that the fight would happen this year and so does the fans as well as Team Wilder. Moreover, attempting to get Wilder to sign a postdated blank contract without filling out all the details was both wrong, unethical and not negotiating in good faith.
                    It was given the whole truth.

No one said it had to be announced within 24 hours. You're finding other ways to moan about the same thing.

Sad, but expected. Another thread from a hater.

Ask Deontay to sign the contract instead.

Comment

Hearn said on June 4 that Povetkin was next. Clearly this was the plan all along. Competitive? No, but one of the better fights Joshua can make right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X