Jermall Charlo vs Prime Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlo knocks him out.

Comment

Funny, this was one of the last threads I posted in before I went out this afternoon and I saw Jermell at the grocery store.

Comment

Probably Sergio, but maybe I'll change my mind once Charlo is further into his career

Comment

Charlo.

Martínez only fought with big guys but without great skills.

And he has a bad jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Jermall is looking good. I think he would beat Martinez but I think Canelo, GGG and Jacobs would all beat Martinez. Martinez was not one of the better middleweight champs in my opinion and more of a 154 pounder. He fought Pavlic at the right time. He lost to Williams and Margarito and drew with Citron. These are guys Jermall would easily beat.
            This.

And Paul was not a great elite fighter. He was big in welterweight and super welterweight, but just that

Comment

Martinez would win it with a late KO or by decision. His power was definitely there and he'd be too experienced for Charlo.

If it went to decision the main deciding factor would be how many knockdowns Charlo got. Martinez was a mover but had terrible balance. Other than one or two most of Martinez getting knocked down was bad balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Blender View Post
                Sergio would pretty much destroy him. Amazing head movement, far far quicker on his feat, and could throw 1000 punches in a fight.

Charlo looks fast and strong, but he doesn't have that much going for him. Sergio matches him if not exceeds him in the physical department, and faster on his feet, and waaaaay more stamina. Better technique and a better fighter.

Very few fighters could've beaten a prime Sergio. Current, Charlo, nope. Sergio would decision him pretty easily. Possibly knock him out. Too fast on his feet, and work rate too high. Charlo looks good, but not that good.
                Seconded. .....

Comment

Working...
                X