Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you work in the trucking industry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
    Actually, "free market" is a myth. I'm glad you're reading it though. It's a long read because it's in four different parts.
    I am on 1/8 of part two.

Comment

Í Work a an owner operator truck driver in the oil fields in The Permian Basin area, work is constant and the pay is around 5k a week average after all deductions.
      Not too shabby..

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
        The farming industry is being decimated as well. With the Bayer-Monsanto merger, family farms will be a thing of the past. You don't even have to worry about trade tariffs ruining American farming because monopolies will beat them to the punch.

Farmers also have a crazy high suicide rate.

http://www.gunthorpfarms.com/blog/am...-a-dying-breed
        Eurofarmers are reaping what they've sowed
        Last edited by maracho; 07-09-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
          Í Work a an owner operator truck driver in the oil fields in The Permian Basin area, work is constant and the pay is around 5k a week average after all deductions.
          Not too shabby..
          yea i heard them texas truckers make six figures. that there's actually a shortage of truckers and that they are in high demand right now and can get some great benefits.

Comment

I'm a driver and get payed great money, more than enough to support myself and if I had a family I'd be able to support them too. I work for a large company that has a fleet of trucks they own, I haven't met many drivers who own their own truck. It's a good job that pays extremely well considering the amount of training it requires.. I'm not really sure what you're on about

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
              I'm a driver and get payed great money, more than enough to support myself and if I had a family I'd be able to support them too. I work for a large company that has a fleet of trucks they own, I haven't met many drivers who own their own truck. It's a good job that pays extremely well considering the amount of training it requires.. I'm not really sure what you're on about
              It's just those short haulage guys at the port in Cali who got screwed by some unscrupulous trucking companies out there. Like I said Jamaicans who are in trucking up there make great money.

Comment

JimRaynor, mi bwoy.

Yuh ever think about trucking?
                Mi know dem make more money than yuh.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  JimRaynor, mi bwoy.

Yuh ever think about trucking?
                  Mi know dem make more money than yuh.
                  Ow much funds yuh tink truck drivas make?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    Ow much funds yuh tink truck drivas make?
                    Look through this thread. The Jamaican ones are probably making over a 100,000 because they work all year round.

How much yuh think dem make?

Comment

Had a brief cameo in season 5 of ice road truckers. Made mad money in 3 months. I just drive my woman crazy these days I retired aged 22.

Comment

Working...
                      X