Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder Talks Frustrating; Looks Like Joshua-Povetkin Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
    That's just pure fantasy of a perfume wearing cum guzzler
    let is go john fury...we know your jealous of slick eddie

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      The 50 million was never seen and its just a figment of donkeys wilders fanboys imagination.
      Face it son wilders management team are a bunch of jokes..all social media and no substance
      June 26, 2018 @ 10:37AM EST
      Dan Rafael
      ESPN

"He has now had the contract a week. There is absolutely zero urgency from Deontay and his team other than posting silly Instagram videos. The proof is in the resumes and at this stage I believe Deontay and his team do not want this fight."

Wilder has steadfastly and vociferously said he wants the fight and his team went so far as to make Joshua a $50 million offer against 50 percent of the revenue of the event to fight in the United States this fall.

"To clear up one other fallacy, Eddie knows that they have a written term sheet from us which details our $50 million offer for Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder in the U.S.," Finkel said. "We have never received from them a response to this term sheet."

Finkel also said their side wants the fight and has accepted the financial terms Hearn laid out in his counter offer, as well as agreeing to fight Joshua in the United Kingdom, his home country. Hearn's last public offer to Wilder was a flat fee of $15 million, an increase over his previous offer of $12.5 million.

"I want to make it clear that Deontay Wilder wants this fight more than Anthony Joshua does, which is evidenced by the fact that Wilder accepted a flat purse for this fight, which is unheard of for a fight of this magnitude," Finkel said. "He also has accepted to fight Anthony Joshua in the U.K., while Anthony Joshua did not accept a $50 million offer, which Joshua originally asked for, plus a percentage (of the profits) to fight Wilder in the U.S.

"Eddie thinks I dislike him. He is wrong. I just have a difference of opinion with him of what a fact is. When I state something is a fact, I have written proof to back it up. I dare Eddie to do the same."

It is highly unusual for a fighter to accept a flat fee rather than percentage of the revenue for an event that figures to be as massive as Joshua-Wilder. It looms as a nine-figure, worldwide event and one of the two biggest fights in boxing along with the Sept. 15 rematch between unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez. Finkel said their side accepted the terms of the agreement on June 11 and asked Hearn to send a long-form contract.

"This took Matchroom by surprise never thinking that Wilder would accept their below-market offer," Finkel said. "Shortly after, Eddie Hearn went public saying that we would receive a contract by Friday, June 15th, when in fact we did not receive a contract until late on Monday, June 18th. On Tuesday June 19th, we requested a clarification of two points. They did not respond. I requested them again on Thursday, June 21st, and we finally received a response on Friday, June 22nd.

"Two days later, on Sunday, June 24th, I sent them a letter acknowledging Eddie's email of June 22, telling them they would have the contract back by Friday, June 29th. Since the contract did not state the date or the venue, I also asked for that information. These are the facts and Matchroom will have the contracts back to them by Friday, June 29th."

Finkel said it will then be up to Hearn to address the issues he pointed out.

"We don't agree on one of those issues but we will move ahead and if he wants to get it done it will get done," Finkel said. "There's nothing that should prevent this fight from getting done if Joshua and Eddie want to make the fight."

http://kwese.espn.com/boxing/story/_...anthony-joshua

Wilder has accepted a flat-fee! That's how bad he wants to fight this man! However, Joshua is a PU$$Y!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        http://www.***************.net/20180...sent-this-week

"To clear up one other fallacy, Eddie knows that they have a written term sheet from us which details our $50 million-dollar offer for Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder in the U.S. We have never received from them a response to this term sheet.

"Below is the correct chronology of where we are with the contract for the Anthony Joshua Deontay Wilder mega fight:

On June 11, 2018, Deontay Wilder accepted Matchroom’s offer to fight Anthony Joshua in the UK, this took Matchroom by surprise never thinking that Wilder would accept their below-market offer.

Shortly after Eddie Hearn went public saying that we would receive a contract by Friday June 15th. When in fact we did not receive a contract until late on Monday June 18th.

On Tuesday June 19th, we requested a clarification of two points. They did not respond.

I requested them again on Thursday June 21st and we finally received a response on Friday June 22nd.

Two days later on Sunday June 24th, I sent them a letter acknowledging Eddie’s email of June 22, telling them they would have the contract back by Friday June 29th.

"Since the contract did not state the date or the venue, I also asked for that information.

"These are the facts and Matchroom will have the contracts back to them by Friday June 29th," he added.

All being well, fans can begin to look forward to one of the biggest heavyweight fights of the last two decades.

That date and venue mentioned by Finkel will be revealed once Joshua and Wilder have signed their portions of the deal.
        It's on ESPN now:

Comment

Its 8 days init...more than enough time to make your own ink and bamboo pen to sign the contract after all wilders blabbering amount signing the fight.
          Two words son
          Deontay duck
          So yeah, sign the contract within a week, even though it's different from the terms you agreed to. Even though the fine print hadn't been clarified. Even though there was no date.

Did not Team Wilder respond the next day with a request for clarifications? Did Hearn not wait until Friday to answer? Did Team Wilder not respond with requested contract mods within 48 hours with a promise to sign the modified contract?

Comment

let is go john fury...we know your jealous of slick eddie
            John Fury would swing fat Eddie about like a wet t-shirt. Make Hearn shït out his own eyeballs. And then spoon feed them to you

Comment

“We’re not even necessarily expecting a signed contract back. We just want your comments. If my fighter wanted a fight, and we received a contract, I would be back with the comments within 24 hours."
              So, sending e-mails asking for clarification isn't comenting on it? Weak excuse, how can anyone believe this?

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
                Which gullible fan boy honestly believes the wba are pushing this?

One of the biggest fights in boxing & the wba would block rather than wait a few days. Bullshït!!

The sooner AJ loses & hearn fücks off out of this game the better.

Talks about being the fans promoter...he takes the fans for cünts

He's got desperate..even if the contract was in his hand within the hour he'd still bullshït & duck
                Well said, the WBA always steps aside for unification bouts, especially of this magnitude......Hearn ultimately RUNS the show, and he knows it. He's in the drivers seat, but he knows Wilder is jockying for that position, so his nerves is getting to him.....

He's now gonna play the "oh bloody cheese biscuits, I have to hurry up because the wba is actually waiting on me to get this fight off the ground by wednesday, the latest thursday(lol). Theyre actually not gonna wait for the biggest heavyweight fight to come along in 20 years and I bloody don't want to be the one causing the wba delay, because I love the fans...and it would be totally immoral to pay step aside money to Povetkin or even to 'talk' to the wba for a little delayed negotiation because as I said, they really don't know me and I'd be treated no different than William Joppy & we'd be doing the fans a harsh disservice, plus I don't have the extra money"

Comment

So next up is Wilder Brezeale and Joshua Povetkin.
                  This was said months ago, yet we've had to endure all the introductory, negotiation hype suggesting otherwise since then.

We've all followed boxing long enough to know this fight wasnt going to get signed after the first mention from both sides. We knew it's a year out from first talk at least.
                  Last edited by Reverb; 06-26-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                    At this point, if that fight gets made, I hope he does. It would serve Hearn and AJ right for toying with the fans
                    You can't place the blame solely at Hearn and AJ's door. Both parties are to blame.

People seem eager to forget that if Wilder had signed the contract the fight would be announced by now. Instead they made "minor tweaks" after a number of days which has left us in the position that we are in.

If either party had shown a real desire to get this deal over the line then either the fight would have been made by now or one of the parties would have been publicly humiliated to the point where there could be no doubt about who was stalling. And I know there are plenty on this site who will say "it's obviously Hearn, they turned down $50m", but to anyone with their eyes open it's clearly not that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      June 26, 2018 @ 10:37AM EST
                      Dan Rafael
                      ESPN

"He has now had the contract a week. There is absolutely zero urgency from Deontay and his team other than posting silly Instagram videos. The proof is in the resumes and at this stage I believe Deontay and his team do not want this fight."

Wilder has steadfastly and vociferously said he wants the fight and his team went so far as to make Joshua a $50 million offer against 50 percent of the revenue of the event to fight in the United States this fall.

"To clear up one other fallacy, Eddie knows that they have a written term sheet from us which details our $50 million offer for Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder in the U.S.," Finkel said. "We have never received from them a response to this term sheet."

Finkel also said their side wants the fight and has accepted the financial terms Hearn laid out in his counter offer, as well as agreeing to fight Joshua in the United Kingdom, his home country. Hearn's last public offer to Wilder was a flat fee of $15 million, an increase over his previous offer of $12.5 million.

"I want to make it clear that Deontay Wilder wants this fight more than Anthony Joshua does, which is evidenced by the fact that Wilder accepted a flat purse for this fight, which is unheard of for a fight of this magnitude," Finkel said. "He also has accepted to fight Anthony Joshua in the U.K., while Anthony Joshua did not accept a $50 million offer, which Joshua originally asked for, plus a percentage (of the profits) to fight Wilder in the U.S.

"Eddie thinks I dislike him. He is wrong. I just have a difference of opinion with him of what a fact is. When I state something is a fact, I have written proof to back it up. I dare Eddie to do the same."

It is highly unusual for a fighter to accept a flat fee rather than percentage of the revenue for an event that figures to be as massive as Joshua-Wilder. It looms as a nine-figure, worldwide event and one of the two biggest fights in boxing along with the Sept. 15 rematch between unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez. Finkel said their side accepted the terms of the agreement on June 11 and asked Hearn to send a long-form contract.

"This took Matchroom by surprise never thinking that Wilder would accept their below-market offer," Finkel said. "Shortly after, Eddie Hearn went public saying that we would receive a contract by Friday, June 15th, when in fact we did not receive a contract until late on Monday, June 18th. On Tuesday June 19th, we requested a clarification of two points. They did not respond. I requested them again on Thursday, June 21st, and we finally received a response on Friday, June 22nd.

"Two days later, on Sunday, June 24th, I sent them a letter acknowledging Eddie's email of June 22, telling them they would have the contract back by Friday, June 29th. Since the contract did not state the date or the venue, I also asked for that information. These are the facts and Matchroom will have the contracts back to them by Friday, June 29th."

Finkel said it will then be up to Hearn to address the issues he pointed out.

"We don't agree on one of those issues but we will move ahead and if he wants to get it done it will get done," Finkel said. "There's nothing that should prevent this fight from getting done if Joshua and Eddie want to make the fight."

Wilder has accepted a flat-fee! That's how bad he wants to fight this man! However, Joshua is a PU$$Y!!!
                      So your taking the word of winkle as gospel then lol
                      Cut the crap wilder said last weekend that he will face jsohua in the uk and will sign the contract....the contract has been in wilders hands for over a week and only today he has announced that he will not sign the contract and may i add its for 15.5 million which is over 6 times his highest purse lol.
                      Wilder will now go on to face beazeale for 1.8 million what astute and a clever boxer wilder is lol.
                      Like all yanks all obsessed with socail media and fake news and i would not be surprised if there is a new reality t.v series called keeping up with wilders.
                      Pathetic duck

Comment

Working...
                      X